Maternal & Child Community
18 Weeks - no fetal movement and cramping. Worried!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm sorry I know I post here all the time but in reality, I dont have any where to turn to.  My mother, who I am very close to, thinks I'm a hypochondriac because I'm always worrying.  I guess she forgot how scary it was when she had me.  My bf is sweet but, he's sorta clueless.  My best friend, who I thought I would be able to share with, just had her baby and so, there is no time for me anymore.
Two days ago my bf and I BDed, for a few moments in the missionary style (sorry tmi I know).  We stopped because it was to much pressure on my tummy.  But now I'm wondering if we did any damage to the baby.  I'm freaking out.
Today, I'm having cramp-like pain in my lower abdomen off and on and I havent felt him move since monday.  My mind knows that I probably wont be feeling him everyday but I thought the movements were getting stronger and so, I would start to feel them more often.  Do you think somethings wrong?  Could I have hurt him during bding?  Is this normal?  It took me some time to feel him but, after I felt some very obvious movement, I thought I would start to feel him all the time.
I'll add, my mother told me (yes I realize I sound like a momma's girl...lol but as I said, we're close)  That when she was prego with me and my brother, that when her period was suppose to come, she would get period like symtoms (symptoms).  Do you think maybe that's why I'm getting cramping?  My lmp was 8/2
I think you are probably okay. They say it is okay to have sex and my husband and I have sex almost every night in the missionary position. Well he is not laying on my he holds himself up with his arms. I am 32 weeks and 2 days. MOvement is not gonna be felt everyday at 18 weeks. I didn't start feeling my baby everyday until about 28 weeks. If you are worried then call the doctor and ask them to let oyu come in to hear the heartbeat. I call my doctor probably every week with something that i feel and scared me. I know how it is to worry about things. Just call your doctor to ease your mind and let me know what they say!! Good luck!
I have been having pain down there very light cramping the doc says that is the round ligament stretching - that I am at that stage where that will come and go.  You may just have that.  I still have not felt my baby move :(  I am waiting patiently.
Thanks for answering.  I just needed some reassuring words. :-)  Babylevi: Wow, 28 weeks until you felt your baby move daily?  Thats amazing.  I always thought that it would be in the early 20's that you start to feel them move daily.  The movement that I felt was very obvious.  I joked and told my partner that I think the baby was mad at me for having a nasty lunch the day I felt him move. That was MOnday.  Then on saturday night, I felt 3-4 very obvious kicks in the same place, one after the other.  It was nuts!  

Cantwait4baby:
You havent felt yours move at all yet?  I'm not saying it in a bad way as, our baby's are both very small still. I'm actually surprised that I felt him at all because after my Dr. appointment last week, she asked if I felt him because she heard him move with the doppler, but I didnt. She said it would be a few more weeks.  
I am going online to rent a doppler right now. I cant take all the worrying anymore. The only down side to the doppler rental is that, if it takes my Dr. time to find it, imagine how long it will take me?  And what if I dont.  There will be more questions of mine on this site..lol
sorry to go off the subject, but after reading your post, i see you said that have sex every nite missionary and you're 32 weeks? god bless you woman! you must be irrisistable to your husband, mine is afraid of hurting something and we're lucky if we do once a week. on top of the fact that i am uncomfertable and miserable most of the time. i'm jealous! haha. good luck to you by the way, we are close together, i am 35 weeks today.

have a great day everyone <3
I asked my doctor about those rentals because I think they need to give permission to the place that supplies them and he said they dont incourage that because when the women cant fine the hb they panic.  That would be us. haha

No I haven't felt anything yet.  I feel something but it does not feel like kicking maybe like a wave in my belly.  On my u/s the baby was moving all over so fast like a frog and the tech said boy you are going to be going nuts when you start to feel this.  :)
I had BD'd with my DF the other night, and after wards I had a cramping belly, it was aching. I try not to read into too much, it's normal, round ligaments, and the baby won't be felt too much at 18 weeks. I am at 18weeks 4 days today. I didn't feel the baby much yesterday since the pain but this morning he/she is moving now alot..... I'm sure everythings fine. The baby's not that big yet to give you too many kicks and punches yet.
I just married a sexoholic i think (haha) Oh there are times that is the last thing i want to do but i do it anyway because it is good exercise and I am ready to have this baby so i keep thinking that sex will help the labor come sooner than later. You know they say that semen has some hormone in it that can cause contractions. So i pick with my husband and tell him that when we are done having sex I want him to help me into a handstand so I can make sure the semen really gets in me! haha! Sorry ladies... I know that is to much info!

So 35 weeks huh? Man I am ready to be there. Have they started checking your cervix yet? When do they start telling you about what the baby weights? Are you going every week now? sorry for all the questions this is my first and I am clueless as to how this works.
:-) So you have felt him/her! That's great!  I got that wave feeling the other day while at my desk. Actually soort of felt like he was doing flips in the middle of my belly..lol I dont think we will be able to distiguish what part of the body they are hitting us with for a while but, that saturday, when I felt that continuous jab, was insane!  It had to be a foot. I was in shock!  Cant wait til we start to feel more so we can complain about them driving us nuts! LOL
I know I cannot wait, I dont even care if it hurts at least I will know he/she is ok in there.  :)  My boyfriend keeps poking me trying to get him to poke back.
HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS EMMA.
I AM PREGNANT WITH MY 3RD BABY.
IM 20 WEEKS AND I HAVE ONLY FELT MY BABY MOVE IN THE LAST 2 MAYBE 3 WEEKS.
I WAS AT MY DOCTORS NEARLY EVERYDAY WORRING.
BUT SHE TOLD ME AT THIS STAGE THE BABY GROWS AND IS TIRED TO KICK AND BOUNCE AROUND. IT IS SAVING ENERGY UNTIL SHE IS READY TO MOVE.BELIVE ME WHEN IT HAPPENS IT IS SO COOL.
ASK YOUR DCTOR TO DO A SOUND SCAN YOU WILL HEAR IT AND YOU WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER IN YOURSELF FOR ASKING.

GOOD LUCK********EMMA
My bf wont even though he can.  And we like you got to have fun just when we were trying to get pregnant so our fun only lasted one month.  He feels weird said he doesn't want it on the baby.  I did read that doing that toward the end of pregnancy will help loosen your cervex.  Women who want to go into labor let their husbands/bf do it then to help that along.  Not sure if that is true or not but I did read it :)
I would let him if you don't mind. If you don't want him to get used to that then don't start. ya know. I lwt my husband because like you said, there is nothing stopping us. haha. Later in pregnancy they say to have sex to try to start labor (or at least that is what i heard) and they say that semen has a hormone in it (it starts with a p but i can't remember the name) that can cause contractions to start, so I say put all you can in me!! hahaha
I am 17 weeks and somedays I don't feel anything and of course I worry.  I would rather have he/she kicking me and it hurting.  I think all of us that have had a miscarriage in the past would rather feel a strong kick than nothing at all.  Good luck to everyone!  :)
Hey there, don't panic too much.  I was wondering why I don't feel my son (found out yesturday) too, but the u/s showed that my placenta is in front. Apparently it is acting as a pillow, so instead of kicking my stomach, he is kicking the placenta. Maybe that is why I was bleeding?
I'd like to ask another question for anyone who is still reading this posting.  I need a suggestion on a trusted website where i can rent a doppler. I have no persription but want to rent one anyway.  Any thoughts?
I haven't rented one yet, but I want to....I would look at babybeat.com.... they seem reliable. Good Luck :)
thats too funny. i will have to tell my husband that one about the semen...he wants to see this baby as badly as i do :o)

i started going every two weeks at 32 weeks and after my 36 week appt., which is next tuesday, i will go once a week. they haven't check my cervix yet, just did the strep b culture and i was told at this next appt. they would do bloodwork. other than that, its just normal appts., urine sample, measure the belly and listen to the heartbeat. i guess its just a waiting game now. this is my first also, so i don't ever know what to expect until i get there. i just want him to come already, i'm impatient and tired of waiting!
i bought mine on EBAY - cheaper than renting especially if yu are gonna have more than one
Wow!  I want to be just like you..lol I think because I'm at a stage where, I'm not sick and have energy, is why we have been having sex more often.  It's weird because, my not pregnant girlfriends are all of a sudden interested in my sex life! Very weird for me. lol
But if the third trimester is anything like the first trimester, I feel sorry for my bf.
I have another question that I just thought of. Do you think it's ok to let him ejaculate inside? (sorry tmi) The first and last time I let him, was the day we conceived our baby. I guess there is nothing holding us back now.  I guess it's just force of habit.  But should I start allowing him?  I guess most women allow it and have no problems with the baby.  So why should I think it would matter.
Hii!! I am happy to join this site because I always have alot of questions! I went to the doctor and they said I have a cyst in my uterus! can someone please give me reassurance becasue the doctor hardly told me anything!!
Hey I was just wondering if you ladies can give me reassurance because they say I have a golf ball size cyst in my uterus and they are not really telling me anything about it! I am 18 weeks pregnant and freaking out! Please give me answers!