Maternal & Child Community
18 wks no movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

18 wks no movement

Hello,I'm 18 wks today.My problem is I have yet to feel the baby move.I get flutters (maybe gas) once in a while but no movement! I am a bit overweight is that why? I get upset reading other girl feeling their baby move since wk 15.I guess I just dont feel pregnant,scared for another m/c.I have an appointment on monday.Afraid of bad news.Anybody else feel there baby move later in pregnancy?Thanks =)
don't pay attention to when others feel the baby.  I am a thin woman, and I didn't feel my baby move until until I was about 24 week or so...  she never moved enough for my husband to feel on the outside until I was almost 7 months!  he was getting frustrated!  those flutters probably are the baby moving... not gas... but I wouldn't get overly concerned-  I remember reading all of that stuff about people feeling the baby move early too, and I would get freaked out...  if everything is on course at your apts and you have heard the heart beating, etc, I wouldn't worry about not feeling him or her move yet...  it is a wonderful feeling, I can't wait to feel a baby kick me again (and not my 2 year old!) and it will come soon for you!!  Hang in there!!
The flutters you are feeling are probably your baby moving. I didn't feel stronger movements until about 24 weeks or so. I am now 31 weeks and the movements are much stronger and frequent. I think what you are feeling is normal. You could always call your doctor and go in and have them check the heartbeat if that would make yo feel better-I know because that is what I did when I was 19 weeks and felt like I wasn't feeling alot of movement. Good luck to you! :)
If this is your first they saw it could be 20, 23 weeks b4 you feel any movement i am 19 wks #3 and i only feel a very little and i have to be sitting still waiting and waiting
I agree with the last poster.   don't pay attention to what everyone else feels at what point they feel it.  Everyone is different!   I did feel my baby in the middle of the 15th week.  Just flutters and at first I didn't know if thats what it was.  I am 17w and feel it pretty good.  I am also overweight.  I have been preg 3 times in a year and I put on alot of weight recently.  I don't feel the baby from the outside or see my belly moving.  I am preg with 3 of my best friends and my cousin and they are all seeing their bellies move.  they are all very skinny!   It will happen for you.  I'm sure your baby is fine.  The flutters your feeling are probably your little peanut.  Enjoy!!!   xxxx
I am 17 wks with baby #5 and still don't really feel any movement. I think if I'm sitting very still I "might" feel something, but until I know for sure I say I have felt nothing. If it is your first, you will feel it later. I wouldn't worry. That baby will be kicking hard in a few weeks (:
I felt movement when I was 18 weeks pregnant, and it was exactly like little flutters. I wouldn't worry about it, good luck.
HI, I am 16 weeks with baby # 3 and have felt definite movement once.  I know with my first I was about 20 weeks.  So don't worry.
I am 15 weeks 5 days and I feel movement and have since the doctors removed an ovarian tumor that was extremely large (so about 13 1/2 weeks), but this is my 3rd baby.  My first it wasn't till 20 weeks, my 2nd it was about 16 weeks (back then the doctor told me it was impossible but my husband and I would watch my belly move).  I am also on the heavy side (I started this pregnancy at about 200lbs give or take).  Sometimes it takes awhile, more often than not just takes more time to notice what you are feeling.  Hang in there!  You'll feel your little one soon then you'll be sitting back with a smile and enjoying it.
Thanks girls.I really appreciate the great advice!! I feel alot better & not alone! I guess I'll wait till I feel them for sure =) Then I'll be complaining about him/her kicking my ribs..lol.
I am just starting week 18, and I still feel nothing also.  My doctor said it often takes until week 22 with your first.