Maternal & Child Community
2 vessel umbilical cord
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 vessel umbilical cord

I was told by my doctor today that my baby has a 2 vessel umbilical cord.  He also has Diaphragmatic Heart Hernia.  I had an Amnio and a FISH test and both came back completely normal with no chromasonal abnormalities. He said I will need to get a sonogram every to weeks to monitor the baby's growth.

Does anyone have any information (good or bad) on the umbilical cord or heart issues?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I know that depending on the severity of the hernia that they can go in and do surgery on the fetus while in utero. I don't know about the 2 vessel umbilical cord.
Blank
200198_tn?1259891197
I thought the fetus was supposed to have a 2 vessel umbilical cord. I was watching a baby story today and the baby only had one vessel and there were concerns of growth retardation but the baby was fine in fact she was 9 pounds.
Blank
The fetus is suppose to have 3 vessels. My doctor's concern is growth, but so far the baby is doing well and is growing normally.
Blank
200198_tn?1259891197
I think the baby will be fine. I will pray for you BTW how far along are you?
Blank
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.  He is due Christmas Day.
Blank
200198_tn?1259891197
Christmas Day?? Well thats a good sign that he should be just fine!! You should name him Nicholas!! That would fit for christmas!!  well I like that name too it's my sons name! <3
Blank
162279_tn?1270604959
Yeah --I saw that same "Baby story" and their baby only had ONE vessel and it was perfectly fine.
(they are supposed to have three)
So I think your baby should be fine!
I will keep you in my prayers!
Blank
my son was born aug 2007 I was told when i was about 5 months that i had a 2 vessel cord as well. he was very concern but not too. the only thing my high risked doc told me was my son may be born small. i was induced a week early because my fluid was low which has alot to do with 2vessel cords. my son weighed 5lbs 13oz 18in long....right now tge only issues my son has is hes pretty small for 3yrs. they got him on pedisure and whole milk to fatten him up but because he gotten taller they think he wont get fat....but mentally and emotionally he is great just he was a bit stunted on the growth which is irritated cause they make it as if I dont feed him when they know I do that son of mine can eat.....lol
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...