I posted before asking about being induced as I was scheduled for this tomorrow only being overdue 1 week, but now I cancelled it. Baby might suprise me and come on his own, or I will go through with induction end of next week when I'll be 2 weeks or even 2 weeks and 3 days overdue depending on which day. In meantime, they do ultrasounds and monitoring to make sure baby is OK this overdue. Are there others who were induced that overdue or did baby actually arrive at 2 weeks or more overdue?
Induction to me wouldnt be a bad idea. With my dd, I was a week overdue. Went in for my routine checkup, and Dr noticed that the amniotic fluid was very low, causing the umbilical cord to wrap around her neck. I was induced immediately. Even then she had to stay in the hosptital and be monitored because of the cord. It was very scary. Luckily I went that day, or things may have been different. A weeks time can make a drastic change.
I would caution you from going against your doctor's advise on this. Not saying doctors are always right, but the reason they prefer to induce prior to 2 weeks overdue is b/c the placenta can get old. I had a friend that insisted, despite being directed to induce, that she wanted to labor naturally. She went to the doctor on the morning she was 2 weeks overdue and baby was fine...by mid-afternoon she got worried abuot movement and called the midwife only to discover that her perfectly healthy 8lb 6oz baby boy had died due to an "old" placenta.
I would recommend induction, as bad as I know you want your natural induction, etc...
Have you tried natural methods of induction (castor oil, breast pump, sex, walking, etc)?
I am 3 days over due tomorrow and it feels like 3 years over due. I know you must be going crazy. At least if you're anything like me. Every day that the baby doesn't arrive feels like a huge let down.
But anyway, if this baby of mine does not arrive by Monday, I am having an ultrasound and most likely an induction. The decision made by my midwife is completely individual to my situation....as are any post due date induction plans. Everyone is different. My first child was 2 days late and weighed 9.6. So they don't want me to go over 41 weeks in fear this little darlin' on mine is a 10 pounder.
But in regards to your situation I guess my first question would be if your practice favors inductions. Some do ... mine is a very natural practice, so for them to suggest an induction with me I knew to listen. It's a hard call to make because either decision (to induse or not to) can result in bad senario. i personally wouldn't go past 42 weeks under any circumstances. Sure your dates are correct????
Well, my OB was fine about delaying induction as we had scheduled it only out of convenience with her hospital schedule this week, as u/s (for placenta, amniotc level) and nonstress test were fine earlier this week. I'm having these tests done again on Fri and Mon to continue checking baby to make sure all is well during waiting. I do worry about baby getting bigger but on the other hand I was worried about automatic c section today as I was dilated only 1 cm so chance of pitoson doing its thing was risky. The hope now is I'll be more dilated by next week for pitosin to work if baby still doesn't come on his own. It just seems there's pros and cons to every situation, which makes this all confusing! If my OB had told me not to cancel, I would have listened to her but they're fine about waiting as long as I continue to get monitored. Thanks for the comments.
Hi. My 3 boys were all late. My first one came 12 days over on his own.
My next 2 were both induced 10-11 days over, they wouldn't see me untill i was 10 days over. The inducement was fine, contractions alot more intence but over within 2hours.
I would get induced if it were me!! My SIL went a week over her due date last summer and ended up delivering a 10.5 pound baby vaginally (and she is a very small girl - maybe 5'5" and 110 lbs!)!! Of course all the nurses were excited but it was NOT a pleasant experience for the mother!! In fact she would now prefer to adopt after that experience. It probably took her a month to get back on her feet. The doctor were apoligizing afterwards that they didn't induce her sooner. NICE!!!
My 2nd daughter was 10 days overdue. I wanted to go natural. For the most part I did. They stripped my membranes on 10 days and later that day I had her. It was a short, relatively painless labor. I nearly had her in our car on the way to the hospital. She was nearly 9 lbs, but otherwise fine. They did the NST every other day after my due date to make sure she was okay and she was. Also checked amniotic fluid levels. But due to the quick labor I had with her, they induced me a week or so early with daughters #3 and 4. I am hoping and praying that this little guy comes on his own. I hated being induced. Good luck...I hope you go into labor very soon.
Hi! I feel for you. My due date is tomorrow, and I'm only 1 cent. dilated and 75% effaced. My OB is already talking to me about induction, because she will not let me go past July 9th. I haven't had a single contraction that I know of, and she now wants to see me on Monday to do another exam and make a decision on timing. I really don't want to wait until July 9th, so we may do an induction Thursday or Friday of next week, if things aren't happening. It is scary, but do trust your doc/mw. They know best, and I've heard similar stories that the other folks have mentioned. I'm scared, and I know you are, too, but it's always best to let the docs make the call - they know better than we do, even though we know what we wish we could have. I'm reading this over to make myself feel better, too. Take care and good luck! Let us know!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.