Maternal & Child Community
22 weeks pregnant with yeast infection....YUCK
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

22 weeks pregnant with yeast infection....YUCK

My doctor gave me 3 choices

(1) a pill
(2) script for cream
(3) over the counter cream

I'm a worry wort and worry about taking the "pill" during pregnancy, so I opted for trying the over the counter cream, will it work or am I waisting my time trying it first? Thanks
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
154929_tn?1196191338
When I had my second infection in a row when pg.  I did the pill and the cream.  Helped so much--never came back the rest of the time.  If it gets worse go with the pill-helps dispell the bacteria quickly.
Blank
well when i had my last y/i about 15 wks into the pregnancy, he gave me the pill, and that didn't help! so i called back and explained what was going on and he said to try the otc 7 day treatment, so i did, and it went away! so i think u made the right decison!
Blank
Your dr wouldnt prescribe you something that would hurt your baby!  Just keep that in mind.  I know what you mean tho...I worry too!  Mine told me to get Sudafed for my sinus problems and take it as directed.  Kinda scares me but I hope it works!  All I could find was Sudafed PE - so I took it to the Pharmacist and asked if it was the same thing and she said no.  THANK GOD I ASKED!!!
Blank
Thanks so much for that great site, I have never heard it before, I love it and what a great bit of info :-) Thanks alot
Blank
Have you looked on safefetus.com for safey descriptions? I don't think a cream is necessarily any safer (or less safe).
Blank
Thanks guys, I will try the cream first and go from there :-0
Blank
If he is prescribing the pill Diflucan, I would check into it further before taking it.  My dr. told me that the creams are safe but that Diflucan has not been found safe to take during pregnancy.  I'm one of those unlucky people who get frequent y/i.  The creams seem to work for me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...