Maternal & Child Community
32 weeks and nesting like crazy.. OPEN FORUM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey guys, I am 32 weeks along and I cannot stop working. I have all of this energy and then sudden exhaustion. I clean all day during each weekend and I have two kids at home, I work full time in a very busy and demanding job. When will this end..

Anyway, have any of you been going through this?

A couple of nurses told me there is an old wives tale stating that if you nest early that your baby might be born early. I would really like this baby to come soon, but I don't want it to be dangerous for him/her? My first was 2 weeks late, and I just don't want to go through that again!!

I hope that's not true! I am aleady deep into nesting mode and I'm only 27 weeks.  I practically have everything ready and I'm not due until February.  32 weeks is definitely a reasonable time to be getting everything ready, especially if you have other kids, I think that is what's motivating me so much this time, since this is my 2nd and I already feel like I have zero time to do anything else.
If the old wives' tale is true, then I'm going to be late (LOL).  I haven't gotten the baby's room together yet at all, and am at 33 weeks.  Still have to paint, and nothing else can happen until I do, but everything I've been doing has conspired against having the time.  Annie
Ok I am hoping that old wives tale is NOT true..lol.. i am only about 22 weeks..lol.. all I keep thinking.. whew!! at least I am not so obsessed with cleaning that I dont spit on my finger and wash one of my kids face.. yet...lol I do clean alot.. and I know its different than the normal cleaning.. I was on my hands and knees tonight cleaning baseboards...lol..  You gotta love inner instincts..

emotional rollercoasters... eating for two or three......dealing with husbands.. OH MY!! lol
Maybe the old wive's tale is true...i took the week before I was due off, thinking I'd be early, and I cooked & cleaned the entire house close to twice, but i wasn't nesting, I just  was bored!  Turns out they had to induce me because my baby was LATE by a week!
fwiw for those that have to paint, we recently used the 'green' nonCFC stuff. its really pretty odorless.
Girls, please say extra prayers for my sister.. She had more blood than usual this morning.  She is supposed to be around 5 weeks pregnant.  Her HCG as of last week was fine but she asked the dr. to do a progesterone check and they said no.  I am really nervous for her...
I am going crazy getting things ready too. My husband is waaaaay more laid back about it than I am, and so I do to much of the work myself. Then at the end of the day I find myself feeling like I'm shivering. I realized that I was actually shaking from physical exhaustion. Sunday, my husband had to force me to go sit on the couch while he cleaned house, because I had a migraine, and was still trying to push myself to help him.
I started nesting 2 months before going into labor.  Ironically, I felt no urge for anything the few days before.  So the nesting thing didn't work for me.