Maternal & Child Community
33 week ultrasound showed hair on baby's head? Is this right
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

33 week ultrasound showed hair on baby's head? Is this right

I have never heard this before. I went in today and the tech did a 3d/4d ultrasound and said my saon already has a ton of hair, has anyone been told this before? If so was your baby born with hair? alot or a little? I'm excited b/c my daughter didn't have hair until she was 2 years old.. Thanks and baby dust to all :-)
Related Discussions
20 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI, my sister had u/s and they told her the same thing.  Actually I was there and we could all see it.  He was born on 1/09 and this kid has the most hair I have ever seen on a baby in my life.  Every time I look at him, I am shocked again by the amount of hair and the thickness of it.  No lie, he looks furry!;) But he only has it on his head, not hairy anywhere else!
Blank
Thanks for the info, Yes I could see the hair too, it was so weird to see. I guess the old wives tale is true for me  about heartburn and hair b/c I have never had heartburn before not even with my other pregnancy's, and this time around i have it all the time... Thanks again
Blank
I dont know about the heartburn, my sis didnt have a bit of it, but I have heard that too.  I had heartburn and its a good thing my kids are blonde, bc they would all look like monkeys what with all that hair all over their bodies;)
Blank
ps- you're not from Michigan are you?
Or related to a Christi Hendricks? (married name Rogers)?
Blank
lol, No i'm from Arkansas...
Blank
Ok- worth a shot:)
Old friend have not heard from in years:)
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
dont be to excited, my daughter was born with a head full of beautiful blondeish brown hair, now at 11 months, she barley has any, ahhh im waiting for the day i can put it in piggy tails=)
Blank
hah thats krazy mine did 2 and this is funny ur sisters baby was born the same day as my sons father only different years but u know wat i mean
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
Yes, mine did at 29weeks.  Guess what...when she was born, she had so much hair it was down her neck!  It is possible.
Blank
My mother tells me a story of one of my brothers (there's my sister, the oldest boy, the middle boy, the youngest boy and myself)-this happens to be the middle boy - when he was born she says, he had such long pretty hair that all the nurses swore he was a pretty little girl and wanted to give him a bath and play with "her" (HIS) pretty hair... LOL till they found out he was a boy, then they prolly wanted ta chop it off. lol
Blank
151571_tn?1189759427
They used to tease me with my DS and say he was gonna have an afro....kid had a head full of hair when he was born, so yeah it is right (and by the way that was with a regular u/s)!  Congrats
Blank
Yes you are right, i had the 3/4d but it was the regualr ultrasound that picked the hair up... Thanks for answering :-)
Blank
Hey it never hurts to ask, you never know when someoen you know might just pop up on here, it has happened to me before, Where are you from?
Blank
Im from PA
Blank
Don't have anything to add here...but just the thought of seeing the baby's hair this early is really sweet. :)
Blank
123128_tn?1189759427
i had an u/s done at 40 wks and the tech told me my son had lots of hair and it wasn't the 3d/4d u/s it was the basic normal one and when he was born he had tons of hair and to this day (hes 8mths old) hes had 5 hair cuts he has more hair then most of my male friends LOL.. i think thats neat that they can tell you that
Blank
Really? that is pretty funny.  I love her baby so much even tho i have 5 bc i am a first time aunt!
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
This was when she was just a few week's old!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/LUVBRD/IMG_0416.jpg
Blank
WOW!  Did you have lots of heartburn?  I did and DD also turned out very hairy :)
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
Interestingly, not at all!  I loaded up on tums and I had heartburn like twice while I was pregnant. Then again, I was very strict with what I ate.  I'd like to see pics of other babies born the same time as mine.  I don't know if there is a safe way to do it.  I'd Like to see Ariellia.  You can email me at ***@****

Sue
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank