4 weeks and 5 days
I am 4 weeks and 5 days today. I am so happy, but so nervous. I am only 22 and this is mine and my husband first baby together. Im nervous of what I should be doing, i dont want to miscarry. I have slight cramps but nothing unbearable. Is this normal most of the time is on just one side. My spouse has recently found out that he has the herpes virus, and i shopw no signs of this disease. I havent been checked, but I and my husband had sex around the time baby was conceived. Can i get an early ultrasound or early treatment to see if the baby and I have the virus. I am so nervous this is will be my first STD if i have it. what should i do. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.
First off RELAX. Stress is useless and isn't good for you or baby. Yes, a little cramping is normal as the fetus implants itself on the uteran wall. Light spotting is also common this early. As long as the cramps don't become extremely painful chances are you'll both be fine.

Now, Second. At some point in your pregnancy you will be tested for a wide range of STDS, herpes among them. Luckily women who get herpes in the first 2 trimesters are less likely to pass it on because the body produces antibodies which are passed to the baby. There is a small chance that herpes can cause complications in a pregnancy but the main concern is whether you will deliver vaginally. If you are infected and are having an outbreak around the due date your doctor will most likely suggest a C section.

Just keep an open dialogue with your OBGYN about fears anxietys etc. Chances are he/she has heard them all and then some. Also, in the case you dont have herpes, use a condom from now on.