4 year old vomiting update
I wrote a few days ago about my son who is 4 and has been having spells of vomit for 2 weeks now.
On Monday the 21st we took him to the hosptial where the doctor did an exam on him even examening his belly while he was vomiting and seeing the vomit contents. The doctor did a CT scan as well as blood work and all came back normal with no abnormalities in sight ( huge relief) Blood work as well was normal but still not an answer to why he is vomiting on and off for two weeks now.  Unfortunately we left with good news but no news on what is causing him to feel sick. The doctor said his stomach was soft which was a good sign but still not an explination to his legnth of vomit.
So we are basically at square one, No fever, he is not very hungry and at least once a day seems to go through a spell of vomiting sometimes after he attempts to eat, other times he has not eaten anything.
My question to all of you is about parasites, meat diseases or food allergies The doctor did not seem concerned about that but is it possible there is something inside him that is making him vomit? Gosh if anyone has some suggestions i am completely open. You have one scared stiff mommy right now .
My sons virus is over with so...if it was the virus he possibly had I would think it would be gone. I would really suspect an inteestinal parasite. The dr's really shouldn't overlook that and should definitely search into it. Good luck, I know it's scary at times but hopefully this goes away and maybe it was just a virus that is lingering around!
my 5 year old had that problem last year and also this year, we have determined that she was allergic to Chicken, so when she ate anything containing it she would vomit or have bad diaraia(tmi).  We had allergy patch test done to determine wht was causing it.  Best of luck to ya. AImee
npd
If it were me I'd get a referral to a GI specialist (gastroenterologist).  I really hope he feels better soon!  I know how scary it is to have a sick child.  Good luck and I hope you get some answers.

Natalie
my daughter had the same problem, for 2 wks straight she would vomit everynight at midnight, they did a ct scan, and several other tests, the dr's were at a loss.  Finally they put her on zantac for
stomach acid and within a day she stopped vomiting.
I agree with Baby4Staci....seek a second opinion for sure. That is not normal, although I know some virus can continue for a while.
what did they cat scan?? Head to toe???  They should catscan the abdomen as well as the brain.  if those are inconclusive i would suggest an MRI of these regions as well.  There could be an intestinal blockage or something wrong with his esophogus not working properly.  

restrict his diet to bland items that you know wont bother him.

good luck and i hope you can get some answers soon.. Just because your ER dr. said they couldnt determine why he was so sick, doesnt mean that he doesnt have a problem.  Seak a second opinion.

when i was in elementary school there was a little boy who vomited every day due to lactose intolerance.. so there are plenty of tests your Dr. can perform to rule out other illnesses
When they examined the contents did they determine what the "yellow" stuff was you talked about in your previous post? I ask because when I was young, living in a different climate, I had bad post nasal drip and I'd vomit up the mucus, especially in the morning. It would pool in my stomach overnight and eating or even just walking around would stir it up and make me ill. It happened occassionally later in the day, but usually in the morning. I didn't have other allergy symptoms, I didn't have to blow my nose or anything all day so I didn't realize at first my nose was dripping into my throat. This would go on for weeks at a time, then go away, then start again. Being nervous or anxious about school or anything only made it worse.

Anyway, your description from the other day reminded me of those awful days. For me it wasn't food allergies, just environmental allergies. I hope you get an answer soon as to what's causing the symptoms in your son, and I hope it is something equally as benign rather than a serious problem.
My son Hunter is 5 yrs old, threw up 2 weeks ago tomorrow (friday) only once seemed fine, next day I got diareha for 2 days, he had it as well, but seemed fine, my daughter threw up that sunday and was fine next day so was I. He got sick again fews day later threw up every monring for week. We took him to dr this past monday -3 days later she said stoach bug going around, and don't give milk just mild foods no sugary stuff.so we stopped, and he's still getting sick in am! Diarhea seemed to stop just throwing up. Help! Any suggestions for this tired mommy?? Thanks
try this link:

http://drbenkim.com/often-overlooked-cause-vomiting.htm

good info!