Maternal & Child Community
5 weeks pregnant and Bleeding?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 weeks pregnant and Bleeding?

I found out this past Monday I was pregnant, since it was the day after I missed My Period. I was so Happy and Excited, as 4 tests came back Positive. 2 days later on Wednesday, I started spotting pink and brown and then Bleeding red, No pain and no clots. This has been going on for 4 days. Went to er they said it could be just bleeding or miscarriage. Called my doctor she said if there's no horrible cramps to not worry, and do bedrest. My dr's appointment is Wednesday, I'm calling first thing monday to see if they can get me in any earlier. Yesterday I had about 3-4 very small clots, nothing to bad, still no pain. boobs are still sore and still have pregnancy symptoms. I also heard it could be a subchorionic bleed. I also have had diarrhea since yesterday. This blood doesn't fill up a pad in an hour but more like a pad a day if even that and bleeding only really happens when i pee and wipe. Please help, is this a miscarriage??? Share stories and opinions, advice, support, etc.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
In my experience of a miscarriage, there was a whole lot more blood than you are describing.  However, you're earlier than I was, probably about 5 weeks along by your description.  Your doc is right, bed rest is the only thing you can really do, along with keeping hydrated to calm any uterine contractions.  Good luck -- if you're at only 4 1/2 or 5 weeks, you might not get a definitive answer from an ultrasound (too early to see anything) but you should definitely get two hCG blood draws 48 hours apart from your doctor.  Those will help you understand what is going on.  Try not to worry, bleeding in early pregnancy is pretty common, and what you are describing would qualify as light bleeding.
Blank
it might be miscarriage or maybe not i wouldnt even for appt go to the er
Blank
2168697_tn?1337187337
I hope everything turns out ok. I had some of the same symptoms as you spotting when I urinated and slight discomfort in my lower stomach mine ended up being ectopic, but I had an ectopic before this one as well. Some woman do bleed during the first trimester of pregnancy. I am praying for you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank