Maternal & Child Community
6 DAYS LATE. 2 PREG TEST BOTH NEG. STARTED ATKINS DIET MONTH AGO
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 DAYS LATE. 2 PREG TEST BOTH NEG. STARTED ATKINS DIET MONTH AGO

HI THERE! I AM NEW TO THIS BOARD. ANYWAYS, I WAS DUE ON MY PERIOD THE 4TH OF JULY. I HAVEN'T HAD IT YET. I TOOK 2 DIFFERENT PREG. TEST. THEY BOTH CAME BACK NEGATIVE. I AM NOT ON BIRTH CONTROL BUT USED "PROTECTION". I STARTED THE ATKINS DIET JUNE 1RST AND HAVE LOST 24 LBS IN A LITTLE OVER A MONTH. I HAVE READ ON SERVERAL SITES THAT A FAST PACE LOST OF DIET CAN MESS UP YOUR PERIOD. HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD THIS? I HAVE 2 OTHER KIDS AND BOTH TESTS CAME UP CLEARLY POSITIVE BEFORE MY PERIOD WAS DUE. DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS. JUST FEEL A LITTLE CRAMPY (PRESSURE).
I AM NOT READY FOR ANOTHER CHILD YET. BUT LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD WHEN FINANCES ARE BETTER. TAKING THE TEST WAS VERY STRESSFUL. SHOULD I TEST AGAIN?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My mom had the same happen to her.....she missed her period for two months when she started the atkins diet.  (her tubes were tied so she knew she wasn't pg)
Blank
My period was six days late the month that I started kickboxing pretty regulary and I am NEVER late.  I think that serious dieting or excercise can definitely throw your body off for a month or two.  Don't worry- I'm sure your period will show.  Good luck (and congrats on the 24 pounds!).  Annie
Blank
Rapid weight loss often causes irregular periods.  I'd be careful about losing weight too fast, though.  It isn't healthy and it tends to come back quickly.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...