Maternal & Child Community
6 WK PREGNANT AND IM NOT HUNGRY???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 WK PREGNANT AND IM NOT HUNGRY???

IM PREGNANT AND I DONT HAVE MORNING SICKNESS BUT I JUST CANT GET MYSELF TO EAT??? I LIKE SALAD AND TOMATOES AND CARROTS....THE REST , LIKE MEATS AND STUFF, I CANT EVEN STAND THE SMELL OF IT....ITS WEIRD CAUSE I LOVED MEATS JUST BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT!!

LET ME KNOW IF U WERE ONCE IN MY SHOES?AND WHAT YOU DID ABOUT IT!!
I am little over 6 weeks and nothing sounds good. I get hungry a lot , but can't eat much. Since yesterday my morning sicknesses started and it is no fun. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.
HEY GIRL....I SENT U MESSAGE LAST WK....WE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL BE DELIVERING AT THE SAME TIME!! WANNA EXCHANGE PICTURES AND EMAIL? WHERE DO U LIVE? IS THIS UR FIRST TOO? LET ME KNOW!!
Hello. I will be due mid to late July. I live in California. Bay Area. Yes this is my first.
If you can't eat just make sure your getting as much fluids as you can and always take your prenatal vitamines.  I have gastroparesis, a gastric pacer, and a port.  My stomach is parazled and I can't eat.  I'm high risk and my doctors just strees to me the importance of fluids and the prenatals.  Other then that they say the baby will always take from you what it needs to grow.  Then also I've tried different things to get nurtition.  There are these new drinks call Naked, they are like smoothies, and ever bottle has a pound of fruit in it.  Different ones to choose from and they are pretty good.  It will have like 1/2 bananna, 2 strawberries... just different things in one bottle.  There is also a new water out by Kellogs and its protine water.  They come in different flavors too.  And other things like Boost or Ensure- thats another source nutrition.  And water, water, water.  Hope that gives ya some ideas to use while your going though the "I can't eat stage".  On occasion I try to eat just cause- well, I miss it, but I've been totally grossed out by meat too.  And coke, I use to like coke and now that I'm pregnant- it disgusts me.  Take care!
It was exactly like that for me. Never got morning sickness or anything but when It came to meat, my stomach would turn. I would be able to cook it for my fiance but could never bring myself to eat it. Just looking at it  would make me gag. Throughout my entire pregnancy it was like that. I prefered fruits and vegetables, juices, I could not eat porkshops, steaks, roast, ham. Sometimes chicken but rerely. i had to stick to pasta, fruit, veggies, fish. Anything but meat. And don't worry I was never really hungry either up until about 6 months. But still never really had craving. If it wasen't for my belly nobody would of even known I was pregnant. So just try to eat what you can. Even if your not hungry force yourself to snack as the baby needs all the nutrients he can get. I remember having to set an alarm several times a day to remind me to eat as I was never hungry, but it is important to eat regularly.
You sound totally normal.  I was puking several times a day by 6 weeks, but I could not stand the smell of most things.  Meat and cheese were the worst.  Just looking at them would make me bolt.  I even cried when someone ate cheese, on the other side of the building, yet my weird pregnancy senses could tell it was there.  I did not eat much till my sickness lifted around 6 months, but came back by 8 months.  Even in between then I was not really hungry and had issues with nothing sounding good and anything greasy was too hard to eat.  Keep hydrated and take those vitamins, you'll be fine and will see that appetite later.  Baby only needs 300 calories a day anyway and will get that from you.  Congrats on baby, I hope you don't get any m/s!
Im 9 weeks on sunday and all i seem to eat is ginger biscuits and water. when ever i get a plate of food in front of me i feel sick and even gag. im worried that im not eating enough for the baby going to try and get a docs appointment but probaly wont be able to get on intill after xmas now