Maternal & Child Community
6 months old wont sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 months old wont sleep

Good Morning everyone, i haven't been on here in awhile, wow taking care of a baby as a single parent is quite time consuming to say the least..lol..

Im hoping someone has any tips of advice to share for my situation...my dd is going to be 6 months old on the 11th and is still getting up at night, she gets up all the time sometimes just to have her pacifer put back in her mouth but the worst is she still gets up twice for feedings, i have increased her solids during the day as well as her bottle and still she is getting up screaming crying until i feed her..im so confused...

I have a 22 week old sho also wakes up numerous times during the night (at least 3), sometimes to nurse, sometimes to put the pac back in.
I think it's still quite normal.
Good luck though.  It can't last forever (I hope)
I think every kid wakes up but some just cant self soothe to go back to sleep for a while longer than others.  We had it easy with our first 4 kids, and then cam e our red head;)  He is 13 months and still sometimes wont go back to sleep on his own.  But take heart, he sleeps through the night most of the time, and it wont last forever.  Here's to  a good nights sleep tonight!!
my son is 5mths old and we had the same trouble.   I have to tell you our miracle cure.  We decided to not take him out of his crib no matter what.  He was waking up every two hours.  Sometimes to drink a bottle and sometimes just to fuss.  We did have him in our bed while i was nursing the first 4 months.  so, we put him in his crib while he was still awake.  He would play or talk himself to sleep.  If he screamed I didnt leave him in there, I would wait til he was a little more sleepy.  Then if he woke up in an hour or two I would go in and change him in the crib.  If he was still fussing I would give him some water from a bottle and change up w/ a binky.  I would leave him while he was still awake.  If he continued to cry I would go back in and check him and console him a tiny bit and leave again.  I had to do this for an hour or so and it was hard because I was tired. But it did eventually work and we had our first night of sleeping through the nite 2 nites ago.  Just try and stick to not taking the lil one out of the crib no matter what and let them know this is bed time and you are there but its time for sleep.  Good luck.
thank you...im gonna try that...i was doing the bottle while she was still in the crib and it seemed to work but latly she has just been screaming so i have been taking her out plus her diapers been leaking so i have been taking her out to changer her but i can try to changer her in the the crib...do babies get colic late like in 6 months?  She had it and it went away but boy last night was like dajavo
I dont know about colic at 6mths but they get used to what you do for them and can have set backs.  I read that even if you don't put them in bed w/ you but rock them to sleep is just as bad.  They will expect you to do this everynight...i agree that its hard.  first you dont want to hear them cry and second you just wanta sleep.  Stick to it and just keep going in to let her know that mommy is here but its sleepy time.  My son can scream w/ the best of them...I know now that if he screams terrible...he has a wet or poohdinky diaper or is really really hungry.  Use your best judgement.  Oh, and I guess we will probably just get them to sleep through the night and they will start teething right???  haha, will it ever end
I think the others gave you good advice, I just wanted to say hang in there, they are not babies forever.
yea she already has her two bottom teeth!!! last night i had everything covered...clean diaper, feed, teeth numb, tried rocking her, music, I have usually gotten down all her signs of what is wrong but nothing oh yea and she had burbed...the only thing i could think of is that she might be having a growth spurt....she has been sleeping alot today so we'll see....thanks for the advice, ill keep you posted :)