Maternal & Child Community
7 Weeks pregnant and I think I am miscarrying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 7 weeks pregnant.  On Monday afternoon I noticed a little bit of brown spotting on the tp and was concerned, but heard that brown spotting isn't bad and that brown ment old blood.  I just had my son a year ago and had to have a c-section, so I just chalked the spotting to scar tissue.  That night the spotting didn't get any heavier, but changed to a pinkish brown color.  I called my doctor first thing the next morning, the nurse said that it is normal for women to spot during pregnancy and she told me not to worry.  She made me an sppointment for the following day.  The spotting got worse over night.  It was then a redish pink color and stringy looking, like mucusy looking.  I went to my app. and my doc. did a pap and said that there was blood on my cervic and it was pooling.  (not real sure what that means.) He then did a vaginal ultrasound and found the baby - ruled out an eptopic - but the babys heartrate was only 110, which he said was no good.  He sent me home with an estrogen supplement and because Thanksgiving was Thursday he made me an appointment for Monday.  That night I staring having contraction like cramping - strong, but not severe- and period like bleeding with small blood clots.  This lasted for about 2 hours and then subsided.  The next morning I had cramping, but nearly as bad as the night before and light bleeding that tapered off by early evening.  I called my doctor and he wasn't really worried, said that bleeding and blood clots don't always mean a miscarriage.  Today the cramping and bleeding are back. Does anyone know what is going on?
It is so hard to say, it could be a miscarriage, or maybe not. I am sorry that you are going through this. Have hope and good luck on Monday.
Thank you for responding.  Have you ever heard of a woman passing small blood clots during pregnancy and go on to have a healthy baby?  I was under the impression that blood clots ment the body was expelling the lining of the uterus and that a fetus could not survive that.
HI

Sorry to hear your problem. What you are describing is exactly,what I went through on 10-23 when I was exactly 7 weeks.Sorry to say, but I did miscarry. What you are describing is the same thing that happened to me.Except by the time I got u/s, I had expelled sac.( before in waiting room bathroom, I had large clot like tissue come out)
Originally day before,light brown, then pinkish. no cramps, then next morning cramps/red bleeding and by the time I got to Dr. they were severe and very heavy bleeding. As soon as I passed large tissue, cramps went away-bleeding continued, but cramps tapered off. I bled for 7 days  and just now got my period again. One month later.It was ad, for my husband and I, as we have never miscarried and I have 3 boys already.Never even consider, I would lose this baby.I never told anyone I was preg, that made eit easier.

About 4 days before I miscarried, I started loosing my symptoms(few as I had) My breasts stopped hurting, and all of a sudden I wasnt as tired.I didnt think much of it-but now I look back-

We are trying again, and that is how I keep my mond of my lost baby. Otherwise I would go crazy!

I have heard some ladies, bleed alot and clots and still have healthy baby!!! so I hope that is you!!!! I am praying for you!!!
Hello.
Thank you for your comment.  I don't think that I have passed the baby, but I don't even know what to look for.  
I am sorry for your loss.  It is just so hard.  I never thought this would happen to me either.  

Good luck on trying to concieve (conceive) again.  I will be praying for you too!
i just want to let you know that i had a similar experience i thought for sure i had lost the baby b/c of the amount of blood and clots snd cramping i was having well it turned out i had a large subchorionic bleed which ended up healing itself and i am now almost 31 weeks pregnant good luck to you
I would seek a second opinion ASAP..Tell them to do an abdominal ultrasound. Vaginal ultrasounds worsen it and causes bleeding. Bug your doctor  till he listens and starts actually caring..Goodluck and I hope it ends well
I just wanted to let everyone know that I just passed the pregnancy sac, so I did in fact miscarry.  Thank you to everyone that posted comments to help answer my questions.
I am SO, SO very very sorry for your loss. What an emotional rollercoaster. I miscarried in September at 16 weeks, and I know how hard it is.
There is not alot to say that brings real comfort; but miscarriage is almost always because the baby was not normal and healthy. Look forward to the day when this is all in the past, and you are pregnant again.That is what gets me through each day right now.
I am again so sorry and hope that y ou are feeling okay. There are so many women on this site that truly feel your pain and want you to know how very sorry we are.
omg, I am so sorry for your loss. I really dont know what to say but i know how you feel and I am really sorry. I know it is tough right now, but things will get better. Go on to the dr. on Monday just to make sure you indeed pasted the sac. Sometimes, it is possible that is not what it was. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.
Amber
I am so sorry to hear that it resulted in miscarriage.  I'm getting over one myself, and wonder if I will ever get over it...probably not.  But that is ok, as it has changed me.  Thank God for the children that I do have that are healthy and full of energy!  I pray for your emotional recovery, as it is certainly the worst part...God Bless you.
Sorry, Time will make you feel better. I felt horrible and now just thinking about x-mas and maybe by x-mas I will be preg again. You were very early ion Preg. so you should be able to try right away-if you feel up to it.My Dr just said wait till bleeding stopped, and if I became preg again-call her right away. So she can do tests and u/s.

Now that you lost preg sac, the cramps should start to get better. I know it is a emotional pain along with physical pain.

My frustration is: WHY? I know I willl never have a answer-of indeed a chromosonal issuse like majority is, I still would like to know for certain.I hate not knowing if I will ever be able to carry another, and if I will have to go through this again.I am sure you think same things. For two weeks, I wondered,was it the paint fumes when I painted kitchen?, Did I take too hot of a bath? so many thoughts-but none of them make sense I know.After a month I feel better now, and looking forward to future.I hope you can heal and feel better too.
Let me know how you are doing-

Okay-I went on long enough-take care.
hi, i had a m/c at 8 weeks, started with a lil bit of brown on the toilet paper, next day loads of brown was comin out, then blood. I went to a&e, did the blood tests then the doctor used something to try n stop the bleeding, she pulled the fetus out, it was clearly the baby coz of the shape. Went back to hospital a week later n had a scan and it was all gone. The doc told me i dont have any problems as far as she can see so i should be able to conceive again x
So sorry about your lost
I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I just went to the hospital for a blood test yesterday, and I won't receive my results until August 7th that's when my doctor is back from vacation.
What's hard right now is not knowing if the baby is ok or I'm having a miscarriage.
Good luck and I'll be praying for you.
Liz
Hello I am about almost 8 weeks pregnant. I have been spotting light pink color for about 5 days now, one time there was bright red blood that came out while i was having a bowel movement, that is the only time I saw a fresh sight of red blood. I may go through 1 pad a day, but it usually is spurts and not a full pad. I didnt have any symptoms other than sore breasts when I found out that i was pregnant, they are still sore and tender to touch. I dont have an appt until April 23. Im not sure if i may be miscarrying or just having some long days of light spotting, I could wear a panty liner, however just in case it gets worse, I wear a regular maxi pad. I have had two miscarriages previously, however they were much severe than this episode. I had heavy bleeding, cramping, going thru pads every hour, hospitalized and received a D & C.
I recently turned 7 weeks pregnant yesterday july 5/09...  yesterday night i started bleeding not heavy bleeding like a period or anything... today it was the same thing again... i'm bleeding and have slight cramps. I've noticed in the two occasions that i have had blood clots but no major ones.  I'm really scared b.c i really don't want to lose this baby ..... one quick question.. how can you tell when you passed the pregnancy sac? how big is it or what colour?
you need to call your doctor. any bleeding should be at least mentioned to the doctor
I am extremely sad to say that today at 2 a.m i had a miscarriage.  I am extremely Sad words can't describe the way i feel at this moment.  I was 7 weeks Pregnant and i was so looking forward to my little angel however i take some comfort in knowing that his back in God's presence.
I am deeply sorry to hear about your loss. I too have miscarried at 5 weeks. It started off with me passing brown tissue and then bright red blood. It's been about 2 weeks today and i started having severe cramps and I'm still passing tissue. When will this end?
Well the Dr. at the ER told me that when there is a miscarriage a woman can bleed for several weeks.  I was told that i can try again after one normal period cycle.......... so prob. around September i would be able to try and get pregnant again.

It is devestating however it's a sadness that i would not wish upon anyone.
Ok, I guess I'll just have to wait. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Just want to make sure everything I'm experiencing is normal. I was also told to wait a full cycle before trying but my husband and I really want to try asap. Are there any risks for not waiting? When I asked my doc this question she didn't really give me a straight answer.
I asked the same question because I too am also very eager to start trying again. The only response i got was " if you get pregnant before one normal cycle than your chances for another miscarriage INCREASES" I rather not take that chance and just enjoy the summer with my 5 yr. old.  After my miscarriage i felt so bad i just wanted stay in bed and cry all day...that's that really being fair to my daughter.

My plans for next pregnancy is to get completely checked out b4 trying again, PAP TEST, blood tests, Progesterone Levels....... everything and when all seems fine than try again.
That's exactly how I felt, we were so excited that I was pregnant and then for it to be taken away from us at a drop of a dime was devastating. I'm a strong believer that all things happen for a reason and I'm sure our time will come. I will take your doctors advice and wait a regular cycle before trying because the last thing I want to experience again is another miscarriage. Thank you so much for your help. Take care.
Turns out everything isn't ok. My doctor called me yesterday letting me know that I might have had an ectopic pregnancy. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. My hcg levels are still a little over 900 and that's why they will need to do a d&c as well. I am so nervous since I've never had any type of surgery before. They said another possibility is an ovarian cyst. Does anyone know how long I would have to wait to conceive after having a D&C and ectopic pregnancy? My doctor said 3 to 4 months but I keep reading about 6 months to a year.
I'm sorry to hear that, I'll be praying for you that everything turns out great.  Regarding on how long you should wait b4 trying again... i think if i were you i would ask the doctor again just to confirm that in indeed you can try after 3 to 4 months and if he says yes again than believe the doctor cos he knows best right? also ask of what are the chances of you miscarrying again.  It's best to know all the facts.  Ask every question that comes to your mind, the way i see it it's best to be well informed and not get caught by surprise.

Hope everything turns out Ok. for you.  Have faith, everything will be ok.
im 28 married have a 8 yr and 5 yr old last month used plan b  pill and did not have a cycle a few days ago i started cramping really bad and yesterday started bleeding really heavy and passing huge blood clots
is there anyone out there that has has little bit of watery pinks blood, then brown blood, at 7 weeks that has not miscarried, x
I am also having pink on the tp only when I wipe for 2 days, nothing heavy, no pain or real discomfort.  The doctor told me that there's not much they can do if I am going to miscarry.  He suggested no sexual activity and as much bed rest as I can get.  If the bleeding gets bad or if the blood becomes heavy I can go to the emergency room, but again, there's nothing they can do.  

I have my appointment 2/24/10 and I'm hoping everything will be fine...I'm praying for myself.  
I am 7weeks pregnant. About a week ago I start spotting brownish/pinkish when I wipe. Now for about 5days I am passing bright red blood with clots. No pain. My doc.said that my hcg level is going up and I shouldn't worry but the bleeding is more like a period. Today I passed something prob.the sac because it doesn't fall apart like the clots. I went to the doc.and showed her, she said she is not sure and did another blood test. I am waiting for the results. this is so hard.
Is everything ok with you baby?
Hi, I am 6weeks pregnant.... yesterday I had the tiniest little spot of blood, and it nothing more.  This morning again I had the same small spotting, and within two hours I had started pink bleeding, its not too heavy but everytime I wipe with tp I have pinky coloured blood on the tp.  I havnt had cramping or anything and feel fine.  I had a small blood clot very tiny, and I guess I am having a miscarriage.  Its a horrible feeling not knowing, and my heart goes out to everyone who is going thru the same thing, it hurts so bad.  I guess its natures way of stoppign the birth of a deformed child.
I am having a scan tomorrow so will know more.  
I am in the middle of my 7th week. I haven't had any bleeding or cramps, but I just passed a sac of tissue. It didn't look like the pictures you see on the internet of a fetus at 7 weeks. It did, however, have pink dots and it had ripples on the side. Is this a miscarriage?
I am 7 weeks pregnant. I woke up yesterday morning and when I wiped I wiped off red blood. I continued geting ready for work...wiped again and saw a dark brown blood, and then before walking out the door it was brown. As I got to work, it had all stopped. I had a mis carriage last July of 09. So I called the Doctor to be on the safe side. They said becsue og my age, 35, I needed to take it easy, no lifing, no sex, drink alot of water and I go to see the Doctor on Monday. This morning the exact same thing happened. Red bllod, dark brown, to nothing. This is totaly different then my mis carriag last year. I was wondering if anyone else had expeienced a little bit of blood only in the morning and had a normal pregnancy? 4-24-10
I'm 19 and my husband and I just recently found out I'm pregnant with our first child... I go to wipe this morning (7 weeks along) and it's bright pink... I'm terrified and hoping it's not a miscarriage. I'm not cramping or anything, so I don't think I am? Not too sure. Someone please help. :/
I was pregnant for 7 weeks,ate healthy etc,started bleeding,went to the dr n he said tht the baby is fine gave me pills,the sunday i was still bleeding,monday2 so i started feeling a numb feeling n went home from work,clots came out,was about for an hour n more,next morning i went to the doc n found out tht i lost da pregnancy,so pls ladies wen the blood starts go to the doc asap
I wouldnt worry i have a 3 year old at 39 years old i started bleeding very heavy but i had no cramps, went to the hospital i was 9 weeks pregnant they did an ultrasound every was ok sore a heartbeat they just told me to rest, now i am 42 and my husband and i r trying to have another baby, i have had two miscarriages, my doctor told us to keep trying cause i can get pregnant and have babies.  Good luck and hope everything works out for you.
i am currently 7.5 weeks...and for past 4 days have bled - only when wiping, but a lot of red blood and no clots until very small ones yest and today. No pain no cramps etc. I have no idea what is going on. Am going to dr today and have a scan later this week anyway. cannot beleive how much blood there is - like a period but no pain and no big clot  etc yet. we had a mc about a year ago with a large clot passed so i keep expecting it. but it was very different to this. never had bleeding in my 1st pregnancy.
I am almost 8 weeks and i started having mild cramps but more than I have noticed before yesterday and i went to the bathroom and i had started bleeding and I thought noooo! I just had a m/c in Feb. of this year ( i have 2 healthy children) So I waited until * to call the doc and get in to be seen the blood seemed like it was coming more and more (had a pad on) and it had gotten to be bright red i was for sure i was miscarrying but I was not in pain.. Got to the doctor and he did and internal ultra sound and he said my baby is still alive with a heartbeat of 152. He said it was from the placenta attaching the blood started to be a darker color and he said it was good b/c it was slowing down but i would prbly continue to bleed 4 the next few days and so far its just been darker spotting when i wipe and its almost gone and I hope it stops soon.. So as long as u r not bleeding heavily and he said clots were fine to pass as long as not tissue. He said he had seen many women with this around 7-8 weeks when the placenta attaches i don't understand it but it scared me since i just miscarried in feb. n never had any sort of bleeding at all with my previous pregnancies .. Anyone else had this? I go back in a week to be checked i hopeing all is good
I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins i have felt fine except for an hour ago i had some cramps and then went to the bath room and blood came out with a clot I called my dr and she said i can either go to the ER or see her first thing in the AM I really dont want to sit in the ER but I am a wreck I don't know if I am hainving a misscarrage or not!
I am suppose to be 7 weeks preg . When I found out I was pregnant dr scheduled an u/s n said he saw a sac . I had some spotting  days later . They put me on bed rest , went for another u/s and dr told me he didn't see any progress in baby and said he might have to do a d& c or I could wait , I'm suppose to have another u/s but last night when I went to rr I noticed some small clots n went to er they did a urine spec n a little blood in urine , tested it n I wS still pregnant . Only when I'd go pee small clots . So don't know if I lost baby slight cramping nothing hard