Maternal & Child Community
7 weeks pregnant - passing tissue in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi everyone!  
I am in my 7th week of pregnancy and for the past few days have been spotting either dark brown, light brown, or pink.  The spotting has been very light - mostly just when I wipe after using the bathroom, or very minimally on a pantyliner.  I have no cramps associated with this.  
Today, I went to the bathroom twice and each time passed ~1 cm long fragment of thin, delicate, soft, wavy, pinkish-reddish-clear tissue.  It was definitely not a blood clot.  After these bathroom episodes, when I wiped, there was either nothing or just a very, very faint trace of pink on the tissue.  Afterwards, I have had no bleeding or anything else as evidenced by the empty stare of my pantyliner. :)  Has anyone else experienced this?
The worst part about pregnancy is the unknown!  ugh!
Thanks for anyone's help!
Unfortunately I have experienced this and it was when I M/C last year. I hope that is NOT the case for you and I will pray that everything is going to work out. Some women do have bleeding through their whole pregnancies so you never know. The only way to know for sure is to go to the doctor and let them know what is going on. I hope everything works out for you.

Wow I have been having the same identical issue and that's why I decided to google this and for this site. The response by Waiting4myprincess is very scary. I do not know how far along I am, but I feel the baby moving. I jus found out 2 weeks ago. I had my period all this time except March. When I took the test on March 17th it was positive. Although all of these months I felt wierd and took several tests and all came out negative and I had my period. "THEN IF IM ONLY 2-4 WEEKS THEN HOW CAN I FEEL IT MOVING?" This is the scariest pregnancy and this will make it my 4th. I'm very scared and I have no money to see the doctor and no insurane and I do not qualify for Medicaid. Now that I have read this I am very very scared!
I am experiencing the same thing. I've had pink in my urine on and off since last Thursday and I saw pale pink tissue in my toilet after I went to the bathroom.  I am 7 weeks today.  I cannot get through to any doctor to find out if this is normal.
I'm glad to see I am not alone
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I don't understand how Dannydoo2 is glad not to be alone. I would not wish this situation on anyone. What I do know is that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord. If I do misscarry God knows whats best and at least it wasn't of my doing (abortion). Just simply mother nature. I don't know if I should go to urgent care now are just wait until my doctors appt. on Dec 5, 2008. i'm not in any severe pain just very concerned. I hope every thing works out for everyone. May God keep You!  D
First- where is the blood actually coming from? It is from your urine- then you could have a bladder/kidney infection that needs to be treated right away. If you are having blood from you vagina that is a different area! Sounds like some of the posts are very confused where this is actually coming from! Spotting can happen during the beginning of pregnancy and it doesn't always mean you are miscarrying. Sadly there is nothing that can be done at this early stage. If you start having bright red blood that you are needing frequent pad changes- you need to be concerned. If it is pink tinged, only when you wipe or brown tinged. You are probably okay. Call your doctor and let them know what is going on for peace of mind. I see that most of the previous posts are pretty old, but I thought I would respond to you since it was only 2 hours ago. I wish you the best.
I'm going through the same thing I didn't have a period at all in may and then this month comes and I start spotting pinkish tissue. No cramping no pain. I'm so scared to find out what's wrong. It only happens when I use the restroom. But I hope miscarriage is not the case. I just had to bury my second child last yeAr from threatened abortion and I was 21 weeks. I Dnt want to go through this anymore