Maternal & Child Community
8 month old with thrush... Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

8 month old with thrush... Please help!

Hi, I think my 8 month old ds has thrush. Yesterday while I was putting my son in his carseat, I  noticed white patches in his mouth on his lip, on  his inner cheeks, and on the back of his throat and of course I freaked out and told my husband to have a look. He said it was probably just milk, so he got a wet cloth and we gently wiped his mouth and it seemed to get better, or at least thats what i thought. Ok, so this morning I checked his mouth and it was worse. Poor thing it looks painful. It looks like cottage cheese patches, thats the only was I can really describe it.I researched it on the net and that's what it seems to be,thrush.These sort of things always happen on the weekend and I have no clue what to do. Do I boil all of his bottles and nipples? What else can I do. He is eating fine and seems to be himself.What is the treatment for an 8 month old with thrush? Please help, I am a worrier,and need some advice ladies. Thank you
Don't worry, it's just thrush. Milder forms of thrush usually go away on their own. Call his pediatrician on Monday and let them know his symptoms. He will probably call in a prescription for an oral antifungal solution.

It definetly helps to boil all nipples and pacifiers.

Now relax and enjoy your weekend!
thanks for you response, I know I should relax but thats just me, I worry about everything. i'm boling his nipples and bottles right now. I guess I'll just call on Monday and see what his doctor says thanks again