Aa
A
A
Close
Amniotic fluid question? Does it have a certain odor/smell? Color?
Just wondering if this leak I have is urine or fluid? I'm 34 weeks
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
151571_tn?1189759427
Amniotic fluid doesn't really have any odor/smell.  It can have a little color too it, but not much.  Do you have any discharge?  have you lost your plug?  I know at the end I thought I was leaking but mine was urine....LOL, that was embarrassing!  They have a little strip they can run across you real quick down there and be able to tell.  You may could by them, I don't know though.

And just real quick, in the other thread I wasn't trying to fuss, just putting in my two cents, hope I didn't step on your toes.  :)

Good luck to a healthy delivery and maybe it will be soon!
Comment
Cancel
151571_tn?1189759427
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
WOW 34wks!!! Good to see u on here!! Time is zipping by!!! I hope u feel great for the rest of your pg. (I've heard that amn. fluid can have a sweet smell to it, but I have no ideal if theres any truth to that) LOVE & PRAYERS
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
172023_tn?1334675884
If you think your amniotic fluid is leaking, you need to call your doctor and go have it checked out.  Yes, even on the weekend.  It's a simple check that can be done at the hospital if your docs office isn't open.  Better safe than sorry.
Comment
Cancel
172023_tn?1334675884
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
173939_tn?1333221450
There is some truth in that "sweet smell". May depend on diet. I lost all my amniotic fluid in one big gush when labour started and remember it smelled very faintly like cotton candy...starnge enough as I hate cotton candy.
Comment
Cancel
173939_tn?1333221450
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks and i too wasn't trying to fuss :-) Everyone has there opinion we were just giving ours, seeing the girl all scard up was so sad to me, that's all.. Anyway thanks fopr the info and God bless :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I dripped two drops, and thought I was imagining things, but dr said to come in and they tested it and ... viola... am=niotic fluid.  Time to induce labor!  God Bless you.  (No odor, no gush, no color.  Didnt even happen again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
On my due date I picked my 2 yr old up to wash her hands and felt a little bit of fluid come so i looked to check and just maybe a quarter size wet spot. thought it was strange but no more came out called my dr. and told her and she said well lets just check so when i got in she just looked first and said i dont see any wet there but ur here so lets just check to  her suprise and mine I was leaking!! She said it had to be the smallest leak she ever saw!
So... there can be no smell or trickle it can be just a small one time thing!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Amniotic fluid question? Does it have a certain odor/smell? Color?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952
Blank
AnnieBrooke