Anxiety / Sleeplessness in Third Trimester
HI all.  I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I think I am going crazy.  I have about 5 weeks to go before they induce me.  Although 5 weeks seems like it's a short period of time, to me it seems like 5 years.
I'm seeing my doctor today but I wanted to see if anyone else had the following issues and what they might have done about it.
I suffer from an axiety disorder but have been able to stay off all medications during my entire pregnancy.  Now it's back and in rare form.  In addition to my panic attacks, I'm barely sleeping 2 hours a night and am so exhausted that it's stopping me from doing even the simplest tasks, like driving or anything that requires even the smallest amount of concentration.
I know the sleep problem is not uncommon and the anxiety probably isn't either but can anyone tell me what either they did or their doctor did to help?
Thanks so much!
My docs baisically told me that this is a normal part of pregnancy, or this is just one of those things that happen during pregnancy. lol! so baisically there's nothing they can do. hold on girl you only have 5 weeks to go! if you dont mind me asking. why are they going to induce you?
Me to! I do not have the disorder, but I inherited a low stress tolerance from my mother, she freaks easily, and I try not to, but it's in me! But I am 32 weeks and have been having the hardest time sleeping! I just found out my dh is deploying in a week, but it started a few days prior, but that doesn't help. I lay in bed for an hour, then get up, read, practice deep relaxation, try again, finaly doze-off for a few hours, then dh's alarm sounds for PT. I don't have to get up, but I used to sleep through it and now I am lying in bed another hour trying to get another hour or two before my girls wake up. It's awful, I can drive still, but my chores and things are junking up and I have to pack...I'm going to live with my in-laws...yikes! I'm going to try to get some relaxing music and really get into practicing breathing and all that stuff for laber, hopefully that will help me out.
I think it must be normal, I am 33 weeks and am going through the same thing..... I find that even tiring myself out before bed doesn't help.... and it's only at night, I have no problems sleeping during the day! Hang in there, only 5 weeks more....