Aa
A
A
Close
129291 tn?1205780063
BBT during Pregnancy
Hello Ladies,
I was just wondering. I have been BBT during my whole cycle and now since we are pregnant I am not sure what should my BBT be. I know that my cover line BBT is 97.3 and my BBT after OVL has been 98.2 or 98.3. Can my BBT fluctuate during pregnancy or should it be steady at one point. Should I be concern If by any chance my BBT starts jumping between 97.5 to 98.3 or as long as it stays over the cover line 97.3 it is ok? Thanks a lot and please use it as Open Forum for TODAY! Baby dust to you all!
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
130384 tn?1221596627
Hi there,
BBT's mean nothing after you become pg.  It only causes you needless stress by continuing to monitor it.  Pack that thermometer away.  :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
129291 tn?1205780063
That is what I think will happen! It is stupid of me to even keep it around. Just more to stress about! Thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I was told that once I got my BFP to STOP TESTING!!! :)

Take Care
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You can continue to temp during the first few weeks of pregnancy.  It is a good way to determine if you are experiencing a m/c.  Your temps may flucuate during pregnancy, but they should stay above the coverline.  It's only if you see them continue to decline that you should worry.  Again, this is only useful during the first few weeks of pregnancy.  I temped until about 6 weeks, then stopped.  It can be stressful b/c when your temp goes down a bit then you start to worry.  It's just a personal choice on whether you decide to do it or not. HTH.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My temp fluctuated a lot, and never really got as high as I thought it should have, so I was a wreck worrying about another miscarriage.

I quit taking my temp, and I'm now 22 weeks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
129291 tn?1205780063
Thanks Amy. That makes me feel ok. I was starting to worry this morning. I will put it away and whatever happens, will happen. It is not worth the stress to take BBT in the morning and thinking-is it too low or hight enought?!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources