Babies first smile & cleaning girl parts?
My baby has smiled repeatedly for the first time. She is 6 weeks old. Is this age normal? When do most babies smile? Are there anyother milestones I should be looking for? Also are we suppose to clean the white stuff inside the inner labia? If so how often?
Yes-6 weeks is normal for smiling. Also, yes you should clean any of the funky gunk out. Just be careful. Each time you clean her make sure you separate the parts and clean the folds and everything. They can get bacteria in there and develop infections. I have four girls. I'm very used to cleaning girl parts. Not quite sure what to do with my little boy yet (: It's so easy, I feel like I'm missing something!
I used to use (when DD was not mobile) q-tips to clean out her white stuff (just inside the labia).  It's normal for them to start smiling at that age.