Maternal & Child Community
Babies first smile & cleaning girl parts?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Babies first smile & cleaning girl parts?

My baby has smiled repeatedly for the first time. She is 6 weeks old. Is this age normal? When do most babies smile? Are there anyother milestones I should be looking for? Also are we suppose to clean the white stuff inside the inner labia? If so how often?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Yes-6 weeks is normal for smiling. Also, yes you should clean any of the funky gunk out. Just be careful. Each time you clean her make sure you separate the parts and clean the folds and everything. They can get bacteria in there and develop infections. I have four girls. I'm very used to cleaning girl parts. Not quite sure what to do with my little boy yet (: It's so easy, I feel like I'm missing something!
Blank
I used to use (when DD was not mobile) q-tips to clean out her white stuff (just inside the labia).  It's normal for them to start smiling at that age.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...