Baby's Heartbeat
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and my baby's heartbeat is 145bpm. Is this normal?
yep, average heartbeat should be between 120 and 180 bpm.  My sister is a RN and she is constantly monitoring me ha ha ha, usually we are between 140-150
old wives tale has it that a faster heart beat is a girl slower heart beat is a boy. i had a fast heart beat with my daughter as soon as my mid wife heard the heart she said it is a girl and sure enough i had a girl. something for you to think about? to you question yes that is normal heart beat my daughters was really fast 163
My baby's heartbeat was 165 the first time and I thought it was a girl for the same reason.  However, I am having a boy (at least he always looks like a boy on the ultrasound!).  He is just a hyper little squirt!
At first my baby's hb was 150-165, now at 28 weeks its slowed down to 150-145. We are having a girl!!
LOL mine has been from 140 to 144 quite a range huh. Still don't know what we are having so hopefully on March 8th it will be revealed.
On our 11 week ultrasound the hb was in the 180's, at 20 weeks in the 140's, and yep, its a GIRL.
Thank you all for your comments and for putting my mind at rest. I don't know baby's sex yet I should find out next Weds but I have a feeling that it's a boy.