Basal Body Temperatures
Does anyone know if your temperature is supposed to drop back down after you have ovulated?  I am 5 dpo and I spiked at 98.6, but it hasn't gone back down.  Will it go back down when I get around AF time or could this be view as a good sign?
I think it stays up for several days, and if it continues to stay up for at least 14 days I believe , then you are (possibly) pregnant
After OV your temp will stay raised until AF arrives.  You can tell if you are pregnant b/c your temp will stay raised for 18 days.
Ah, shucks!  Got my hopes up for a sec, oh well, just have to wait.  Thanks!
From my understanding it will drop prior to ovulation then rise during ovulation.. the egg is fertile for about 48 hours. then return to normal
Have you been charting long? Sometimes it may take a few months to figure out the correct time, especially if your cycles vary
So, what you're saying is that it will drop back to normal after you spike?  This is my first month recording BBT but my cycles are very normal, 28 days.  My normal temps before it spiked were between 97.8 and 97.6 and I tested around 5:45 in the afternoon although I have recently learned to check BBT first thing in the morning.  I will check tomorrow morning and compare to the afternoon to see if there is a difference in temps.
There will always be a difference in your morning BBT readings and your afternoon ones. That is why it is important for accuracey to get it first thing while still in bed.  My morning ones are 97.8 but my afeternoon ones are always 98.8. Big difference. But the afternoon ones are not the ones to check for BBT readings.
See, this is why I never did BBT, too much conflicting information, lol! BBT, EWCM, etc is way to much for me to keep track of, I don't trust OPK's, I just stick with the bd every othe rday method, it is bound to meet up at some point,lol!

Good luck! I know there are many websites out there with a wealth of information on charting and proper methods for obtaining readings.

Andi
Here is a web site to check out
http://ga.essortmetn.com/howdoiknow_rfcv.htm
I posted on the Women's Forum, but I'll update this one too.  I checked my temp this morning and it was 98.0 degrees.  Is this still considered high for BBT?
Yes that does seem to me to be an elevated BBT. I also posted to you on the other forum but will included it here as well:
Yesterday I tested positive with my OPK finally. Also testing positive today as well. Called my doc and with my EWCM and previous temps she feels that I have Ovualted 2x this cycle. Said to watch out for twins and to BD tonight and tomorrow. YIKES!!! Here I was thinking I was not ovulating at all.
I told her that I am due for my cycle next Friday which only gives 6-7 days for implantation. She said that mnay women think that BUT when you ovulate your body does not stick to the cylce you are used to and that if I were to have a period it would not come until 14 days post ovulation. In some intances women have lutel (spelling unsure of) defect. She does not think I am one of them but I am to let her know if my AF shows up in 7 days and she will treat me with meds for my next month of ttc.
OH how wonderful would it be for you to have TWINS!!!  How exciting!!  I hope you do, or at least get one out of the double ovulation.  BABY DUUSSSTTTT*********
Just one would be plenty :)  I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!