Maternal & Child Community
Big boobs + Maternity Clothes - where to shop!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey ladies...this is a pretty random post/question.  I've been having SUCH a hard time finding maternity clothes!  Pre-pregnancy I was a size 12 with D-DD boobs.  Pretty average (with a large chest).  I found clothes fine!  Now that I'm pregnant the boobs have gone to a 40E!!!  Nothing fits!  If I try to buy the XL in maternity clothes everything fits except the chest area.  If I go and buy the plus size then it's HUGE. I've only gained 7 pounds - so it's pretty much all belly & boob! I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to find a dress to wear to my engagement party and am getting SO frustrated.  Does anyone know of any stores that seem to make maternity clothes for women with large chests?  It seems crazy that the whole rack of bras were 40E's...but NONE of the shirts in the store would accomodate a 40E chest!  I wear the same 4 shirts over and over again!! Advice please...
Yeah, I hear ya. I was a size 4-6 with a full C and now they are at least a DD. I hate it and I have the hardest time also. I wear large maternity shirts and they still don't fit my boobs. It sucks. I haven't found anything YET that fits rightin that area. I'm just telling you I understand!!! I hope you get some good advice though. I hate the boobs now...they bounce and are SO huge. And of course I've had comments on them from Ben and friends/family/coworkers. I get so tired of it! I can't help it...it's not fun at all ):
I am normally a 6-8 with c boobies, now they are massive.  Why are all maternity clothes so low cut?  I have boobies up to my chin and they make maternity clothes for strippers!!

Even my dh keeps commenting on how I need to cover 'em up and normally he likes a peek!!!
i keep telling people i'm going to open a maternity store for "big boobed" pregnant women!  my mom just told me to go to a pattern store and have my gram sew me a dress.  seems like too much work!  hopefully someone will know where to shop!!!
I am laughing out loud here at work!  it is SO true...they are made for strippers...my fiance keeps telling me to put tank tops under everything! it just seems like ALL pregnancy dresses are halter tops - um hello!?!? how do i fit 40E's in a halter top!?!  and do i not wear a bra?! c'mon!!!
I feel you on this note! Haha I was a double d before pregnancy I have found clothes that fit PERFECT in a size xl Maternity at Kohls and at Sears, everywhere else TO SMALL. I would definatley recommend this! They actually fit good and make me look so cute so what are you waiting for go shopping!
Hi there,

LOL oh you did make me laugh.
I was originally a very saggy B cup after loosing some weight at weight watchers and breastfeeding 4 children (these are UK sizes- may be a little different to US) so when I had a windfall I had breast augmentation to a DD :) very pleased with that and so was DH ;)

Now I'm p/g again and I was measured in the lingerie shop a couple of weeks ago and my boobs are now an F cup! I'm only 12 weeks today OH MY!
can you imagine how big they'll be by the time my milk comes in?!!!

Anyway, I have found a couple of things have worked for me, (I got mine cheaper on ebay not full price as they are a bit pricey when you only wear them for a while) but Isabella Oliver isabellaoliver.com I think and Seraphine seraphine.com do lovely tie around wrap tops that come up quite high if you want them to, not too low cut so you don't scare people with your enormous boobies!! I think the wrap top is the way to go- they also do dresses in that style (not that I am brave enough to show my very white legs just yet- but roll on the summer!)

Ruth xx
I just feel so embarassed walking around with these things. I feel like I have to cover them up and YES, things are SO low cut. I do wear camis or tanks under everything but MAN...I feel like I have to apologize to people for how huge they are. To top it off, I have not really gained anything in my butt or legs so I feel like a sumo wrestler or something. Yuck!!
i am OFF and running - I've got an hour for lunch...this lady is taking her ginormous boobies and heading over to sears!! wish me lots of luck!!! = )
I was a size 12 befoer pregnancy with a size g chest.  i really don't know what I am now.  but BIG..   I've only gained 10 lbs so far and you really can't tell I'm pregnant unless you already know and you look for it.  lane bryant has maternity clothes online..  you can always buy something bigger and have it tailored for your party..  good luck...  
motherhood kills me. the store i mean, not the process. lol. everytime i see something cute in there and try it on i look like boobzilla. i am also doing the cami or tank under everything because i am afraid strangers might try putting money inbetween the "monsters". of course my s/o loves it...i wish his dangly man parts would balloon up to ginormous sizes. it seems only fair.

the best i have found was motherhood.com online. some of their xl stretchy stuff. not that i look any less chesty, but it does cover em' up while not swallowing me.

good luck
LOL........you girls sure know how to liven up a boring day at the office! I am with all of you.......why the need to make everything so slutty looking when it comes to maternity clothes???? Now before I got pregnant I woudn't have worn things b/c I'd have never filled it out. Not I won't wear it b/c my boobs are falling out! I don't know if any of you have an Elder Beerman store near you, but I've had some luck finding clothes there that are a little more motherly but still cute minus the stripper the look! :)
Ha ha ha ha ha

(preggo dashes to the bathroom....too late....wet pants again....)

I just had the image of ginormous testicles and it literally made me laugh so hard I peed my pants.  Good thing I have a home office.
I'm normally DD. At 10wks my bras were too tight. Our mall has a Motherhood Maternity store and I was surprised at the selection and sizes they had and reasonable priced! I normally pay dearly for bras and theirs were $30-40. I saw E & EE and some sizes I didn't know existed! I didn't look at dresses though :(
i was fortunate this last time to have that stuff happen in the winter, so i just went and got some big fleece tops.  was much harder the first time when it was summer.  and neither time could i find stuff to fit the rest of me i could afford.  seems like nearly every place ya go thinks only little chicks get pregnant.  (who wears a size small when theyre pregnant enough to need maternity pants?  maybe .08% of the women?  come on now!)
oh and im a size 20 woman w/ DD bra size normally so..... yeah...
Well Kohls had only like 3 racks of NADA......all capri and sleevless tops?
The only luck thus far for me has been Sears....that is the only place I could at least find xl's that were actually xl's.

The quest continues for me.....I'm wearing and rewearing the same two skirts and one jean and a few tops...

best of luck!

jt

I think that all the REAL pregnant women should get out there and start designing REAL CLOTHES FOR REAL WOMEN!

<< I am afraid strangers might try putting money inbetween the "monsters".>> Possibly my favorite quote EVER!!! LOL...so I am back from my shopping mission & I didn't even make it to the mall!!! I got sidetracked by this yummy looking deli LOL...so now I am eating instead of shopping!!! It figures!  Just making 'em bigger!
I am so glad to see this post.  I was a size 34 C before pregnancy and I just got fitted the other day for a new bra.  I am embarassed to tell anyone that they said I wear a size 32G!  I didn't even know they made such a size!  Anyway, I brought a bra in that size and it actually minimizes my chest quite a bit.  I suggest making sure you are wearing the correct size of bra.  I am also having trouble finding shirts.  I see all these cute halter and tank tops, but they look horrible on me.  I have 15 pounds and I wear most of it is in my boobs.  I have my friends clothes and ll the pants fit fine, but the tops are all small and I can't even get them over my giant boobs.  I am taking a mommy and me swim class with my son this summer and I can't even think about getting into a bathing suit!
I fit into that .08% BUT let me just say that having big boobs is no easier. I have to buy bigger shirts to accommodate the belly but that leaves more open at the top to expose the puppies! LOL

And I love your nickname......what's the significance???  I have collected Eeyore's since elementary school. (kinda slowed down now, though)
i know....after much pondering and listening to men tell me how sexy a pregnant woman is *barf* i have figured it out...all the clothes we see are designed by men out to start a pregnant stripper movement!

pee in a pod has some stuff, but they are just a bit too expensive for my taste. i shop the clearance stuff every now and then.

Where did you get fitted? I'm still squeezing into a D and they're too small. I need to get fitted and I need more support. They are HEAVY. The straps cut into my shoulders, too. I know the bras I'm wearing aren't fitting right and I think it's why they bounce and sway back and forth so much, too! But I remember after I had each of my girls they were ENORMOUS, even compared to what they are now when my milk came in. It was one of the reasons I chose not to breastfeed. I couldn't stand it! This time I am bound and determined to nurse, but the boobs have got to be kept under control. I have a very hard time with that. They became so engorged and I had such an overproduction of milk that the nipplies were pulled flat and my poor babies had nothing to latch onto. It was so frustrating!! Each time I chose to finally give them a bottle because I was in pain and they were hungry. I don't want that to happen this time.
I feel saggy  :(     My husband says I'm nuts .   I can't fit into anything either.  Almost over girls and then we'll only have to deal with them leaking!!!!!!
And sagging more after we nurse or our milk dries up. YAY!
I don't know how you've done this 5 times.  I give you serious credit.  This will be my first and I'm going to have to think really hard about it again.  I know I'll change my mind when I hold him for the first time.
Or shrinking back down to the B that they used to be. Then I'll be whining about that!
I honestly don't know how I have, either! Each time I've done it I've wondered WHY on Earth I did it again (: But yes...when you hold that baby in your arms it is heaven. I guess that is the big reward and each time has been so worth it. This is my last time though!! This little guy will be almost like an only child with his four sisters being so much older. I always had mine in pairs. NOT this time! Pregnancy has actually not been too bad on my body. I did have all of my girls in my 20's though, and this one is taking it's toll on my physically. I wonder what I will look like after this one. I hope I can feel good about myself again!
Well, all of us August mommies can start a support group for weight loss when we are done!!!!
I got some good Pea in a Pod things on eBay for much less than new prices, even though they were NWT (new with tags).  I also got a couple of plus-size running bras online that were great, they minimized size and held the girls tight so less bouncing.  The good thing about buying clothes on eBay is that almost always the seller gives actual inch measurements, rather than just L or XL which could mean anything.  Sometimes they measure the garment flat, from underarm to underarm and tell you "19 inches" meaning it is a 38" total if you multiply the 19" by two for the front plus the back.  Anyway, almost my entire maternity wardrobe came from eBay, with the exception of some bras from Motherhood Maternity and the running bras that came from a women's sports company.  It saved me a TON of money and grief.

ps -- If the boobs are so engorged that the nips don't stick out, pump first and draw off some of the milk and then let the child suck.  The extra milk can be frozen, and that gives others the chance to feed the baby, or you can put it in the child's cereal when starting on the Baby Rice at 5 or 6 months.
DEFINITELY!! I am already planning on getting a running stroller and as soon as I get the OK after 6 weeks I'm going to be out running and toning up. Lots of sit-ups, too. I will not allow myself to LOOK like I've had five children. Last summer I felt so good in a bikini and I loved it when people would say in amazement that they couldn't believe I had four kids. Well, I hope they say the same thing next summer, only with five kids! It is a goal of mine. I just don't feel good when I don't think I look good and can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes.
I know how you feel!  I have big plans myself.   I had 2 m/c last year before this so my body probably isn't very happy with me  :)     I was just looking at pics when I first met my husband a year and half ago and I was way skinnier.   Can't say I've ever looked good in a bikini but thats my goal!!!!!   my new house has a pool so I'm planning on lots of laps!