Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding after IUD removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding after IUD removal

I had my IUD removed on Sept 11th. I had bleeding/spotting on the 17th. I have been bloated, crampy, backache and now have breast tenderness. I am ttc so I am wondering if anyone could tell me their experience in getting pregnant after an iud removal. I didn't have a period for the 2 years I had my iud so I have no clue about where I am in my cycle.  The ovualtion kit says I AM NOT ovulating (last week or this week)So was that spotting/bleeing my period? If so why didn't it relieve the period symptoms. It is taking a lot of self control to not run out and buy a hpt. As most ttc woem know the pregnancy symtpoms are close to period or even ovulation symtpoms.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
150483_tn?1212172156
I never had iud but was on bc for 7 years when we did decide to ttc I spotted but no Af.So  got preg. right away that mon.Unfortanitly I m/c.Sometimes I fell I should of waited atleast one cycle.To get body ready first.I'n your case I would ask dr.Just to make sure, Good luck &**sticky baby dust**Nanis
Blank
Hi,
I also had my iud removed on sept 7th then began bleeding on the 8th for 4 days.  I've been checking for ovulation for the past week and a half and nothing. Even the pregnancy tests are neg.  I do feel like i'm pregnant but that could all be in my head.  My periods weren't very consistant with the iud but i definetly had on aug 6th and spotted on the 27th for a couple days.  Any advice?
Blank
I got my iud out on sept 4 I then I began to bleed for about 2 days and  I should get my period on Monday I took pregnacy test but all where neg. I hope to get pregent soon good luck!!!
Blank
643910_tn?1224453001
i had my copper coil removed on tuesday just gone 7th oct and within 10 mins i started bleeding just like i was on my peirod but i am due my period for 14 days yet.
i was also 14 days late for my period
weird i have no idea whats goin on

any one ever had a copper coil removed then started bleeding right away?
thank you
christine
Blank
I had the copper IUD for almost 2 years. My last period was on October 16. On November 8 while my fiance and I were doing our thing he said it was very uncomfortable and after my IUD actually came out in the shower. I started spotting on and off for about three days then had two days of super heavy bleeding. I wasn't due for my period until November 16. I just want to know if that bleeding was my period or what it was. My fiance and I are getting married next month and are ttc so I have no idea what date to go by now for my period because it is now the 17th and I've yet to show any signs of getting it. My fiance thinks I am pregnant because my breasts are sore as is my back I am nauseous often and urinating more (he is actually keeping track) I am craving foods I normally detest and I'm having crazy mood swings including crying over the littlest things. This would also be my third pregnancy. Any and all advice is appreciative. I can also be reached via email at ***@****. Thanks everyone!
Blank
1215921_tn?1321571984
hi I had my Iud removed in Jan last year and got a period then two irregular periods and by my 3rd expected period I was pregnant :D but we had sex every single day lol ... and propped a pillow under my back with my legs up
Blank
1914075_tn?1322794836
WELL I HAVE A QUESTION I HAD MY MIRENA IUD REMOVED ON 11/17/11 AND HAD SEX BEFORE AND AFTER BUT MY PERIOD ISN;T DUE UNTIL 12/1/11 DO YOU THINK THAT MAYBE I'LL BE PREGNAT BY THAN I'M USUALLY REALLY FERTILE WITH MY DAUGHTER 3 YRS AGO GOT PREGNAT WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS SO I HOPE IT WILL BE THE SAME THIS TIME ANY ADVICE !!!
Blank
I had my Copper IUD removed on the11/17/11 also.Did you have any bleeding when it was removed?I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever.I am cramping a lot,but my period isn't due til' 12/10/11.I am really fertile also.Maybe you are pregnant.I took HPT but they were all negative.I really don't know what's going on.
Blank
I had my IUD removed 1 week ago I spotted yesterday very light spot.  I hae not had a meses in 4 years.  Im confused.  Is there a possibility?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...