Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bleeding while pregnant

Im about 6weeks pregnant now with my first appt scheduled this coming Friday the 18th.  I was having brown discharge very light since last saturday I actually thought I was getting my period. but I never did, I took 2 home PG tests and they were both positive.  I had a miscarrige in October and had to have a D&C i never developed a fetal pole but with that pregnancy I had no bleeding, cramping, anything.  I spoke to the nurse and soctors about my spotting and they said it could be normal but if i was miscarrying again there was nothing they could do to stop it so just wait til my appt.  yesterday i bled heavy not in my underwear but when i went to the bathroom i wiped through two wipes it was heavy.. it was my anniversary so we went out i wore a pad and no bleeding at all since.. its been almost 24 hrs and im not cramping either.  Its sunday so im trying to wait til tomm to go to my regular physician. Im not doubling over with cramps and i still had terrible heartburn and tiredness yesterday.. any similar situations to hold me over until i get to the doctors?

Thank You!
I remember my first I thought I was having a light period. But, then realized it just wasn't right. So, I have had bleeding with pregnancies but that was more around 4 weeks when my period was due.  Unfortunately, it's such a wait it out situation. SInce you are 6 weeks, they should see a hb and fetal pole, maybe you could get an u/s this week?  Good luck to you !
thank you for the return post.. i am so nervous! i go Thursday for an ultrasound.. very nervous but doctors said stay hydrated and dont seem super concerned. keep us in your prayers...
went for the ultrasound baby is doing great couldnt find any reason for the bleeding.. i go see the doctor tomm just saw the ultrasound tech today... HB is 129<3 our lucky charm