Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bleeding

I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days.  Last night I woke up and went to the bathroom.  I passed a clot the size of half of my fist.  I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and found that the baby was still in there and there was a heartbeat.  They are unsure of why I was bleeding, but my HCG level had went from 59000 to 98000 in two days.  They said my cervix was still closed when they did the pelvic exam.  I did not experience any bleeding after passing the large clot, however, when doing the pelvic exam, the doctor took out 7-8 large q-tips worth of blood.  It is currently 14 hours after i passed the clot and I have not had anymore bleeding.  Why would this have happened?  Does this mean that I could miscarry slowly?
Well it could mean that. All you can do is wait and see. Totally *****!!! I know!!! Hopefully everything is ok
Did they say anything about where the placenta is?  If you have a low lying placenta, that can cause bleeding throughout the pregnancy.  I would ask the doctor if that is a possibility or not.