Bleeding
I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days.  Last night I woke up and went to the bathroom.  I passed a clot the size of half of my fist.  I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and found that the baby was still in there and there was a heartbeat.  They are unsure of why I was bleeding, but my HCG level had went from 59000 to 98000 in two days.  They said my cervix was still closed when they did the pelvic exam.  I did not experience any bleeding after passing the large clot, however, when doing the pelvic exam, the doctor took out 7-8 large q-tips worth of blood.  It is currently 14 hours after i passed the clot and I have not had anymore bleeding.  Why would this have happened?  Does this mean that I could miscarry slowly?
Well it could mean that. All you can do is wait and see. Totally *****!!! I know!!! Hopefully everything is ok
Did they say anything about where the placenta is?  If you have a low lying placenta, that can cause bleeding throughout the pregnancy.  I would ask the doctor if that is a possibility or not.