Maternal & Child Community
Braxton hicks and lots of baby movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi everyone....I just had a couple questions. it's been forever since I was pregnant and can't really remember some of this stuff. Anyway I am 23 weeks pregnant tomorrow. My braxton hicks feel like they're never ending. The dr. says not to worry, but has anyone had this many. I am talking atleast 10 sometimes more a day? And also my baby girl moves sooooooo much and has since about 14 weeks. She kicks super hard for only being 23 weeks and some people are just now starting to feel their babies?....seems so strange because I was getting some serious movements at 18 weeks. Well if anyone has experienced anything similar any response would be great!! I guess there's nothing to worry about but then again when dosent a mom worry? And sometimes i think she moves to hard and my uterus is already up to right underneath my ribs when everything I read says it should be just above your belly button? Not me!!!! Thanks ladies for any answers! Baby dust to al and sticky sticky baby dust to those carrying!!!!
I know what you mean. I had my DD 12 weeks ago and I can remember from the time I reached 20 weeks clear up until I delivered I had Braxton Hicks and tons of baby movement. For reassurance I delivered at 38 weeks but that was due to inducement, the doctor expected I was having a large baby due to the fact my last was 10lbs 5oz. Anyway she weighed in at 8lbs 6oz so hang in there, I'm sure all will be fine and good luck through the res of your pregnancy. Hopefully this summer won't be too bad and you won't suffer, sumer pregnancies are the worst. best of luck.
Tiffany
lol yes summer pregnancies are!! Thanks for the reasurance I think shes going to big as well. My son was born at 37 weeks and was almost 8lbs and all my children have gotten bigger. I hope she's not to big! These braxton hicks are just so annoying, but with my son I had them, just not as early and at 37 weeks I was 4cm so maybe I will be the same and this labor will go quick as well...I can only hope so :p
I'm right there with you! I'm having a girl, and boy, is she active!

I was having so many BH last week that I was getting scared. Upping my water intake seemed to help some.

When is your due date? Mine is Sept. 2nd.
Hi there,

I've been wondering the exact same thing all week!  I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, though my 2nd is almost 3 so it's been a few years since I went through pregnancy.  I definitely don't remember such strong movements - I can see my stomach move, and am sometimes woken up at night by a particularly strong kick.  I've been able to feel movement from the outside for weeks now, and started feeling flutterings at about 14 weeks.  My US showed that my placenta is posterior (i.e. between the baby and my back), and I can't remember if that was the case with my other 2 pregnancies.  Anyway, the OB/GYN said this was probably why I felt movement so early and so often.  As for BH contractions - I've been feeling them a lot in the past few days - I had 8 or 9 yesterday.  I called Labor&Delivery as I was a little worried, and they said as long as they ease up if you lie down for a while, don't get worse and don't get more frequent, it's probably normal.  She also said that with every pregnancy, BH become more noticeable and more uncomfortable.  Anyway, hope this helps!
I am 23 weeks also and have had quite a few Braxton Hicks. Like a previous comment said, water does seem to help. My baby boy moves quite often also. When he is active, I can see my stomach move.
braxton hicks....is this when my tummy gets really tight a few times a day?
Hello girls...quick question-so you can feel quickening at 14 weeks? I'll be 15 wks Monday, and I think that I have felt some fluttering...but I didn't know if it was gas or not. It feels like a little frog or something. Most say that you can't feel the 1st movements until about 16 wks. Well, I guess I'll have to wonder until the little one starts doing back flips! Thanks :o)
im 28 weeks and have braxton hicks ALL the time and i have been getting them for the last 8 or so weeks ALL the time!  Everyone is amazed at how much she moves during the day too, it still surprises me when she does move, its def a weird but great feeling at the same time!
Im due August 8th and for some reason have a feeling ill go earlier than the full 40 weeks.....how often do woman deliver before 40 weeks????
Amy I am due spt 9th. Not very far behind you. I am hoping to be induced like the 7th so my dh and mother in law can plan a vacation. And to everyone else thank you so much for your responses, it made me feel alot better! This is he 4th baby and I havent been pregnant in 5 yrs and I just dont remember any of this and this pregnancy has been so different. Good luck to everyone!!
Tbis is my 4th too! My youngest is 7, and I thought we might be through, until Dh and I decided we could not live without one more.

I've forgotten everything about being pregnant too.
What do BH feel like?  I am 22 weeks with a baby girl and a few weeks back I was concerned that she wasn't moving.  Now, it is like Kung Foo in my tummy!  She is a real kicker.  I cannot lay down once without her kicking me left and right.  I put my tummy next to my DH and even he felt her.  I think I am having a BIG girl also.  DH was very long at birth and I was 9lb 3oz.  I am 5'8, hubby is 6'4.
Yes, and it can be sooooooooo annoying! This is my 4th and they are VERY strong and sometimes I have to take a deep breath then let it out slowly to get it to loosen up!! But yep that's what it would be! :)