Maternal & Child Community
Bright Red Lochia 2 week Postpartum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bright Red Lochia 2 week Postpartum

hi ladies i am now a little over 2 weeks post partuma nd still experiencing bright red blood. over the past 2 days its actually been really thick after i use the bathroom.
when i got home from the hospital 3 days after having my LO the bleeding was starting to turn brownish and looked like discharge. but after that day it has continued to be bright red. is this normal or should i be calling my doctor? its not super heavy, i use regular pads now and change it every 4-6 hours.
i apprieciate you reading this and for any advice/stories. thanks!
Related Discussions
That sounds right to me. You have to remember your body has not quiet gotten the message that the baby is out and is producing fresh lining to sustain a pregnancy. in the next week it should slow down and also bear in mind some women, me included can have their first period around 2 weeks or so after birth. I had nearly stopped bleeding all togther at 2 weeks and then I had heavy bleeding that lasted 5 days which was a normal period and I continued to get them regularly after that even though I was breastfeeding. Good Luck I hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...