Maternal & Child Community
Brown discharge at 35 weeks...................???????????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello Ladies,
I am 35.4 days pregnant. I woke up this morning and after using the restroom, I noticed a brown discharge (old blood). I had a cervical exam yesterday at 3:00 SO maybe that is the cause but I have cervical exams every weeks and have never experienced this before. My lower back also aches and I kind of have an upest stomach. I also woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was going to vomit my brains out.
My question is, do any of you ladies have any suggestions as to what this may be or should I assume that it is from the exam.

By the way, she did say that I was dilated a finger tip but only the surface was open.....it wasn't open all the way through and my cervix is soft and is 1 to 1 and a half c. long.

Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
With you being slightly dilated now, I bet the old blood is from the appointment yesterday.

However, coupled with the lower back pain and nausea, I'd definitely call the doctor and see what they recommend.

Usually, though, old brown blood is not a big deal.
Now that I look closer, it is more of a pinkish redish brown than just brown
Could you be in labor???  Those are all the signs that I had when I went into labor... although there was pink blood mixed with mucus.  Also that blood that you are describing could be from your cervix opening, if it's not from the exam.  Good luck!
I was a finger tip just a couple days ago and then yesterday had a little bit of brown discharge which I thought was from the exam the day before and went back to the doc today and have dilated 2 cms!! I also have had diarrhea BIG TIME! And have been feeling sick. I had contractions 3 minutes apart the other night and I've been having them just more spaced out but they're stronger so I guess that's what causing the dilation. Anyhow, you could be in labor. Or it could be a fluke and the blood is from the exam, and you feel sick from a virus. You never know! The further along you get the bigger the probability is that you will spot from the exam because there is more blood flow to the cervix. But you don't want to go in to labor this early so you really need to call them. Good luck.
I would call the Dr just to be sure.  Some early labor signs are vomiting, diarhea (diarrhea), back ache, and bloody show.
i would call the dr just in case this is the start of labor
i am also 35 vveeks and 4 days and have horrible lovver back pain,constant bovvel movements and burning/tightening in my abdomen. i havent had any color bloody shovv but the normal mucous is more than normal. it hurts to vvalk,sit,stand,lay dovvn, and all. ive had previous pregnancies but vvith my oldest i vvas induced and my second born it all happened so fast that by the time i got to the hospital i vvas 9centimeters dialated and after the nurse did the exam i gave birth 9minutes later. so im kind of confused about vvhat i am feeling. my daughter is very active right novv but it feels like she is pushing dovvn as i feel the movenment under my ribs i feel more pressure in my pelvis area. so im not 100% sure vvhat is going on.