Brown spotting at 6 weeks, should I be worried?
I am exactly 6 weeks today. Yesterday I had noticed that I had a little brown spotting, and I had a little more today. I called my midwife and she said that unless I have significant cramping, or I begin to see red spotting, than this is probably fine. I had been having menstrual like cramps since I found out I was pregnant and they are no worse now. Since this is my first pregnancy I don't know what to expect and the brown spotting made me worry! Have any of you experienced this, and what did you do about it?

I have also had some different feelings today - some slight twingy like feelings in my lower abdomen. Nothing severe but of course that just adds to my worries.

First, Congrats and I hope all is well. Also, I have read it can be normal to spot at first (cant remember what it is called..implantation bleeding or something). I also had cramps bad around 10 weeks for no apparent reason. You just never know. I would follow the midwife...good luck!
Brown spotting isnt anything to get really worried about.  Just keep your eye on it.  If it persists, call your doctor back.  just like your mid-wife said, if it turns bright red or is accompanied by severe cramping, then you need to get checked ASAP.  Alot of things are going on inside your body.. dont worry too much about it.

Implantation bleeding happens about the time your period is due and is basically what it's name states.. when the egg implants into the uterus.  You're 6 weeks, so its a bit too late for that, but again nothing to stress over.  
My dr's nurse said that cramping at this stage in the pregnancy could be due to the placenta forming and burrowing deeper into lining. Maybe the spotting is from that. If you are really concerned, you could always ask dr. for another blood beta hcg. I did this morning due to severe cramps and less tender bbs. It really put my mind at ease!

I am starting to feel sensitivity to smells (and if it stinks, I gag) in the early morning, r u feeling any nausea?
I have had this since I found out and that is about 3.5 weeks now. I was referred to an early preg unit for a scan and HCG, I have been told by the docs that it can be a sign but not always, if its just a little I would call the doc but i'm sure its probably just old implatation blood or something.I am not sure what my outcome is yet but I will let you know.
Thank you all for your replies! Candie how are you feeling now? You had cramps before this, right? And this morning's were more severe? What does "blood beta hcg" test entail? Do they just draw blood and tell you what your levels are? I have my first appointment with the midwife next week, so I haven't been seen by anyone yet.

And yes, I am beginning to have aversions to strong smells. I made a lentil soup the other night and now when I open the refridgerator if I smell it I feel like I'm going to vomit! Blech! I have begun to feel really nauseaus over the past 3 days, although I haven't thrown up at all.

Kaydiane, did you mean that you have had spotting since you found out you were pregnant? Please keep me posted on the results of your tests. I will keep you on my mind.
hi yeah since I found out I was pregnant 8 jan. But the week before I bled for 3 days and thought it was a period, it was very light though, I will keep you posted
Did you bd with your dh recently?  that can cause some spotting.

Ihope this is nothing to worry about.  

You are in my thoughts.
I hope all goes well for you and it sounds like these ladies really know about this, though I havent had first hand experience with it.  You are in my htoughts and prayers and keep us updated:)
I had brown spotting around 6 weeks also.  As I hadn't had any spotting with my daugher, I freaked out abit.  BUT according to my midwife, this can be quite normal.  As long as you don't have any other symptoms like sever cramping, or the spotting gets heavier, I'm sure you'll be fine.  Like my midwife said, a little bit of blood can go along way!  The brown blood is old blood and needs to come out, it can be blood which is left over after the placenta has attached the the uterus.
Good luck!