Maternal & Child Community
Can you go bowling while pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can you go bowling while pregnant?

I am 15w 1d and was wondering if it is safe to go bowling.  

I go to the dr today for a checkup but was wondering what you ladies thought?
Avatar n tn
As long as you are having a normal pregnancy you can BD til the very end!
I didn't because it just grossed me out when I got farther along...but that's me
Avatar n tn
Yes it is safe to go bowling.  I lifted weights and did 5 days of cardio up until the day my daughter was born.  The only time it may be an issue would be if you were very pregnant and big and your balance was off.  You wouldn't want to fall while bowling and hurt the baby, but that would be very far into your pregnancy.  At 15 weeks it would be no problem....at least that is what my doc would say.
Avatar n tn
My use to be on a Bowling league (guess it was the thing to do back then..lol) anyway she always tells me when she was prego with me she would bowl her best game! Could not cross her arm over her belly so it had to go straight down to the pins!
Maybe you will have the same luck :)
Avatar n tn
haha. I thought you meant BD'ing but you really meant bowling
SORRY!
I went bowling in my 3rd trimester. I just used the 8# kids ball.
Avatar n tn
hi when is your due date i think we are close to each other.

amanda
Avatar n tn
Feb 5
Avatar n tn
Yes it is ok to go bowling & BD just not at the same time HaHa! just make sure the ball you use is no to heavy.
I did at around 24 weeks, but everyone I went with was prohibiting me from playing, not because of the weight, but because they fear I may fall from the slippery floor.
Avatar n tn
hi i am due a few days before you jan 31
Avatar n tn
When according to LMP I would be due 1/25 but ultrasound says 2/5.

Avatar n tn
I am 37 weeks and I went bowling last weekend. :D  Good luck and hope you get lots of X's!!!!
Avatar n tn
yea my doctor said feb 1 and the u/s said jan 31 so i dont know i guess i will go by the u/s .
Avatar n tn
hi no they dont tell u where i live i wish they did.everyone is thinking its a boy ? who knows till its born.
Avatar n tn
I bowled the day before I started spotting.  I'm going through that m/c right now and I'm sure I can't blame it on that but I probably won't do it again.
Avatar n tn
We are due on the same day!!! I will be 16 weeks tomorrow!!!! Do you already know what you are having or are you going to find out?
Avatar n tn
Thanks ladies......
Avatar n tn
I am 5 weeks and bowl on a league I was just wondering what you ladies thought...I wanted to make sure if it was safe or not.. my ball is 11 lbs but just got a new one that is13lbs..what do you think??
I bowled during two of my pregnancies...on a pretty consistent basis.  As for the weight of the ball, if it's something you can normally handle with no problems, i think it should be fine.
Avatar n tn
I am on a league, and plan to continue bowling through my entire pregnancy (the league ends the week that I am due). I am currently 14 weeks and loving my league. It's just about taking extra precautions (using a light ball, moving slower) and taking it slow. I joined a ladie's league this year so that it wasn't such high energy and much less smoking (they all smoke outside). I have bowled for years, so it's only natural for me to continue (plus, the exercise is good for me). I have talked to MANY women who bowled through pregnancy and most said that their games IMPROVED because they couldn't reach across themselves!! I bowl a curve ball, so keeping my arm straight is SOOO important, I look forward to kicking butt this year ...

Good Luck!! Congrats!! and HAVE FUN!!!
My Mom fell on her belly when she was 8 months pregnant with me. ahhh that explains so much.

Yes, I think it is fine until you are closer to the end.
Avatar n tn
i am 5 weeks and my husband and i went bowling with some friends last night  since i probably wont b able to do much once i start getting morning sickness. i used the 8lb kids ball and did what my mom called "modified bowling" (i carried it up to the line, THEN threw it, instead of walking fast and swinging the ball around like most people do). i only bowled a 50, but i had a blast anyway!!!!
Avatar n tn
i just went to my first appointment today and my doctor said bowling is fine. i asked what size ball to use and he said anything from 8-10lbs is fine.