Maternal & Child Community
Can't feel baby move
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can't feel baby move

I'm 20weeks pregnancy with my first baby. I'm of average weight. I'm worried because I haven't felt any fluttering from my baby yet. I think I'm growing, but I can't feel the baby. Could this mean that the baby is not very strong? When should I feel the baby? I;ve also only gained about 7 pounds and I am eating like crazy. Could I not be eating enough?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I didn't feel my DS until I was 21 weeks.  It was a very small flutter only 2-3 per day.  As long as you've been going for your check-ups at the doctor's office, and they've been hearing a good strong heartbeat, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.  :-)
Blank
114123_tn?1289630070
Some babies are just more peaceful. I don't remember when I felt my second babies kicks, but she was very gentle and slow, unlike my first who was crazy from the start. And now, they seem to have personalities to match there kicks. My first (Alicia 3) is a little pistal, my seconds (Opal 1.8) is sweet and calm.
Blank
Don't worry.  It is still early for you to feel the baby.  Maybe you'll feel the baby next week.  Also, some babies don't move much during the day but they do at night (when you can't feel them as you are asleep).  You can try having a little orange juice and a snack and then lay down.  The sugar will wake your baby up a bit.  (I read about this little trick on my pregnancy book).
Blank
dont worry its ok i just turned 25 weeks pregnet and didnt feel her move until like 23 or 24 you will dont worry i was like that at first the first time i felt her move the next 2 days after that i didint feel her move for those 2 days i went to the emergency room and they found her little heartbeat and she was sleeping her dad says "just like her mom!" hahaha but dont worry at about 23 to 24 you will feel movement!! and this is my first baby well not my first i lost my first at 6w but everything is ok dont worry!!!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank