Can't find heartbeat
Hi everyone. I have a question. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my second child. I bought a home doppler to use during this pregnancy and I love it. The thing is...I have tried to find the baby's heartbeat for the past 3 days and I can't find it. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I don't know what to think.
I'm not positive on this, but every home doppler I've seen all say that they cannot really be used until the end of your pregnancy...around 30 weeks. I would check this if you still have the packaging....
The one that I have can be used starting at 10 weeks. I have heard the baby's heartbeat using it several times already. It is just lately I can't find it.
I have no clue about home fetal monitors, but when I would go to the doctor, they had a very hard time finding the heartbeat most times.

I think you should go into your doctor's office and ask them to find the heartbeat if you are worried.  (Worry, btw, is really not good for you--if the monitor is going to cause you stress in any way, I wouldn't use it.)  I do know that the baby can hear/feel it in some way (later in my pregnancy, I could actually feel my baby try to get away from it when they would try to find the heartbeat).
they are NOT reliable. Thats why most drs offices won't order them for you.  even at 14 weeks with my baby the dr had to do an ultrasound because its hard to find and sometimes the placenta is on top and you can't hear through it..   worry not..  and put the doppler aside for now..  
My doctor had a hard time finding the heartbeat until around 20 weeks. It's because I have an anterior placenta. I worried a lot in the beginning of pregnancy (32 wks now) and my doctor strongly advised not to get a doppler because it causes more worry than it's worth. I don't think at 14 weeks it should cause alarm, but I understand your worry. Maybe it's best to just wait a few weeks when you will always hear it.
Ok I went to the doctor at 14wks and the doctor couldn't find her heartbeat, went for a u/s and she was fine. I rented a doppler at 17wks and sometimes even at 20 or 22wks.... she would be laying a weird way and it would be hard to pick up her heart beat or would take a few mins... I'm 25wks now and sometimes it still takes my doctor a few minutes to get her heart beat.
this is the worst thing you can buy, it made cry for 2 hours, and then go to the emergency, loosing my temper and tell them that the baby died, when they checked it on the ultrasound and the doctor's doppler they found it very normal. i had like 3doctors and about 4 nurses in the room to help the baby, and she was very ok, i felt so stupied. and the doctor told me that his doppler it is for $2500 and mine for $20, the funny thing, is my husband tried it when we came back, on my heart and he couldn't hear any beat, so he starts crying and make some fun and said "my wife is dead, thanks god, i can have another one right now lol"
I rented a doppler and was able (with a lot of patience) to find my DDs HB at around 13/14 weeks. It's really, really low down and you need to push the doppler pretty hard and on a bit of an angle. Keep trying and you'll find it if it's a good doppler. Also, make sure you're using the jelly it comes with.