Maternal & Child Community
Cat urine and infants
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cat urine and infants

my 3 month old grand daughter is being exposed to Strong cat urine oders that are difficult for me to handel how can this effect her?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Probably the smell alone is not dangerous, but what it implies is too many cats in too small of a space, which can be dangerous and dirty for other reasons, such as cat-box exposure and fleas.  Is the odor in your home or her mother's home?  If it is in your own, I would take some strong steps right away to remove the overload of cats and to clean.  If in her mother's, it will all depend on what impact you can have.
Blank
It's not the odor that affects us...it's the urine and the litter that does. I had a cat (whose potty box was kept in my room) while pregnant and still have her. I never let her box get bad though. It's scooped daily and changed weekly. If you are worried talk with your daughter/son about it. Express your concerns and perhaps they can scoop and change the box more frequently. I do know that there is an all natural litter (it's expensive...but worth it) called Scwheat. It's made from wheat and other natural ingredients and is amazing. It really helps with odor and does not have the toxins regular litter (such as clay litters, tidy cats, etc) has which are activated when kitty goes pee. Once my boys turned 2 we switched back to tidy cats (we have also moved since then and her box is now in a more...private area...for her use and I'm the only one who comes in contact with it, besides her) and haven't had an issue.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank