Cervical Length
The u/s tech measured my cervical length at 3.4 cm. Does anyone know if this is normal for 19 weeks? She said it was good, but I'm a bit worried b/c I thought it should be closer to 4 cm. Plus for some reason I'm thinking that at my 12-week u/s my cervical length was closer to 4. But I could be remembering wrong. In fact, I'm not even sure the tech at 12 weeks had told me my cervical length! (Pregnancy brain)

I'll hopefully talk to my doc next week when he gets the report, but I was just wondering.
The difference between 3.4 and 4cm is EXTREMELY small.  Those measurements are essentially the same when dealing with cervical lengths.
You could have 2 different sonographers measure your cervical length after each other, and I am certain you would have 2 different measurements.  It isn't exact.

Hope everything continues to go well!
how do you measure cervical length? When i see the doc,he measures from my belly button to the pubic bone area....
It's done with a transvaginal ultrasound.  Mainly used for people at risk for preterm labor or delivery.
I am also having cervical length checked throughout this pg.  I am now 26 weeks and I measured at 3.6 the last time and the Dr said that was wonderful.  You want to see it at 3 -4 and that is fine.  So your measurments are great.  Good Luck and try not to worry to much.
so at 19 weeks, what would be a cause for preterm labor/delivery? sorry, just want to understand more.
I have a history of Placenta Previa and Preterm labor from my last pregnancy.  I am 16 weeks pregnant and my doctor told me that my cervical length is 17mm.  They are starting me on a hormone shot called 17Hydroxyprogesteroneprocrate (sp?).  Are you familiar with this? What can I expect?  Side affects?  Is it healthy for me and my baby?  Exactly how thin is my cervix?  Would any doctor be concerned if their patients cervical length was the same as mine?
I've had the 17P shots since mid-July.  There are no known side effects (other than a sore bum!) to you or baby.  Your cervical length is quite short, so I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up on bedrest.  I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix with my first child at 29 weeks (cervix measured 7-8 mm) and put on bedrest for 8 weeks.  This time I had a cerclage placed at around 13 weeks which will be removed at 37 weeks.  
my doctor advise me to have my cervix scan to measure my cervical length.. and this thing done today.. and i found out that my cervical length is 3.63cm.. and i am curious if its dangerous.. and search some info here on the net.. and most of what i got is it is predicted to preterm delivery.. And I still have some questions on my mind.. Is this mean that im going to give birth premature? Is there any chance that I can give birth normally like 9 months? I am now in 26-27 weeks pregnant.. and I am very much worried about this thing.. please anyone answer me.. i need this infos asap.. you can email me guys at ***@****
how many percent chances will I make my baby survive and have her deliver normal.. please need ur advice guys.. will appreciate all of it.. Thanks in advance.
3.6 cm is pretty much a normal length.  If you have no other risk factors, I'm not sure why you or your doctor would be horribly concerned by this.  

No one can ever tell a pregnant woman for sure she will deliver at term, or give her the "percent chances" you are asking about.  

Cervical lengths can vary from exam to exam.  If they check yours again, it could be a bit longer..or shorter.  If there are no other risk factors for preterm delivery,  your measurement would not be of much concern at all.
I'm 29 weeks and my cervical length is 2.9 cm.  My doctor is very concerned and has me on strict bed rest.  Should I be worried about preterm delivery?  What is the average cervical length at 29 weeks?  I would greatly appreciate any feed back.

I'm 22.4 weeks pregnant and my cervical length is measuring 2.5-2.7 depending on who measures it. They didn't seem too worried on Thursday when it was at 2.7... but today at 2.5 he seemed a bit worried. I go see my perinatologist on Friday, I guess we'll see then. I'm not on bed rest yet.
My cervix length was 1.7 cm and I am having twins. I was put on strict bed rest at 22 weeks. I have not had a cerclage and I am currently 31 weeks pregnant. Last week during my last appointment I was told I am 80% effaced.
A woman's cervix is usually between 2.5 and 5 cm. The average is 3 cm.
If your doctor isn't concerned, then you shouldn't be either. If you feel pelvic pressure, it's your body's way of telling you to take it down a notch. If there is something to be concerned about, your doctor will tell you. Meanwhile, enjoy your pregnancy while you can. Good luck!