Continued Percocet During Pregnancy
Hi everyone! I have been on Percocet for about 5 years now. I have a history of back problems and kidney infections, both which cause me alot of pain. The past year it has been really bad and Ive taken an average of 3 to 4 percocet a day 10/325 mg. I am now 5 months pregnant. So far I have not stopped taking it because doctors that I have spoken to said that it is ok for the most part with the exception that the baby could become addicted. If I were to try to stop now I would go into severe withdrawl and the dr said that thats worse. Does anyone know if there are other problems that can occur or when should I try to stop taking it if I want to avoid my baby also going through withdrawl? Also, does anyone know anything that can be taken while pregnant to ease or help with the withdrawl symptoms? Does anyone know If there is a way for me to continue to take them if I need to be on them but some way for the baby to not have withdrawls? Thank you so much for listening!!! I would really appreciate some feedback because I worry about this everyday.
You should certainly not stop abruptly.  If you wish to very gradually stop using Percocet, you should talk with your OB about whether they think this is feasible or not at this time.   Your doctor would help you set up a tapering schedule, if he/she thinks it would be a good idea.

However, as your pregnancy progresses, you may find that your old back problem may cause you even more discomfort.  So you may choose to continue using the Percocet as long as you are careful not to exceed the amounts your doctors feel is safe.

The baby's pediatrician will be alert for any signs that your baby may be affected by the withdrawal of the percocet at birth.  For the most part, babies seem to do very well if the usage is light.  
hi everyone im 32 wks pregnant and have been taking percocet since the begining of my pregnancy i have severe lower back pain thats why i take them im not sure how it is can some one tell me any info on my case im very afraid of my baby having problems when born.