Contractions?? Anyone out there? Stabbing pain in bladder area!!
I have no idea what's going on.  For the last 2 hours or so I've been having stabbing pains in/near my pubic area.  It literally feels like someone is stabbing me in the bladder!  They aren't consistent - and pretty much impossible to time...it feels like STAB...STAB...STAB...and sometime one will be more painful than others...but nothing like that picture the lamaze instructor showed where the contractions build and are more intense in the middle.  These have no rhyme or reason.  My stomach is getting hard when this happens - but that doesn't hurt at all.  Do you ladies think these are contractions?  What else could they be?  And if they are - how would I go about timing them?  If I time the individual stabbing pains they are about 10 seconds, but one kind of just rolls into the next and the last bit of them lasted about a minute...but it doesn't hurt the entire time...anyone out there who can explain/help me?
Wow, mine were back labor pains and took my breath away, but they had a definite peak to them and then would go down.  Is baby on your bladder and hitting it wrong?  I guess everyone feels contractions differently too, so I would kinda time them just to see and if they get closer maybe call your Dr., but it doesn't sound anything like what I had.  Mine started crampy and the pain would be in my back and into my butt and then run below and I would feel it in my lower belly too.  The tightening got really intense too, flet like my belly would burst under the pressure.  My boys sat low so I would get a stabbing pain kinda like what you said, but they would stop when I moved and repositioned the baby.  I hope someone's on that can help you better.  Good luck.
apparently nobody had any advice for me =(  I layed down for awhile & drank some water and went to sleep...this morning - no more pains.  Maybe she was just sitting on my bladder wrong...i kept telling dh - they didn't TELL US that contractions feel like someone is stabbing you in the bladder LOL...he's like - yea they are probably trying to avoid using the word "stab" LOL...thanks though for your response =)
I am just over 7 months pregnant and have started to get pains in that area as well.  Depending how far along you are it could just be your baby dropping.  The best thing to do when this is happening is to walk around or if you cant do that drink water and lie on your left hand side.   If nothing works check about pre-term labour.  Make sure the baby keeps moving...  10 time in one hour at least...
Your uterus is grtting ready for the baby.  I am really sorry, but it does get more painful before it gets better.  Good Luck.
Glad your feeling better! Can you believe we only have a week left?!!! Im sooo excited and anxious!! Other then those pains, how are you feeling?
it's crazy - only a week!  besides the stabbing of last night =) i feel fine...i did finally lose it last night - i was hysterical.  the stabbing pain and i couldn't get comfortable & the doctor originally told me she'd be early...and i just WHINED to dh "i don't understand - why won't she just come already!?" and moped for awhile...LOL...moment of weakness.  

today i am back to being okay emotionally - and not feeling like i'm getting stabbed.  tomorrow morning is my u/s so i'll let you know what the doc says!!!  i think his hospital day is (for scheduled c-sections) is wed...so if she's big and i automatically get scheduled for a c-section i'm hoping he does it THIS wednesday and doens't make me wait another week!!!  

How are you feeling??
Im keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am MISERABLE!! I want him out NOW! I am still having contractions every couple of minutes but I dont want to go in and get sent home! I was still 2 cms as of last wed. so I hate to go in and get sent home. Its the worst!! Make sure you keep us posted on what the dr. says!!