Maternal & Child Community
Cramping and almost 9wks pregnant...normal???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi I will be 9wks on Sunday and starting last night I starting cramping...I am not sure if this is normal. I am not spotting at all...just very uncomfortable cramps that arent going away. I called the nurse and left a message..but she hasnt called me back. A few weeks ago I had a ruptured cyst and had cramping because of that..they said it would hurt a few days and then go away...it did. Now the cramping came back..it feels a little different this time. I am not sure if it can be just the baby growing...or maybe because I am under alot of stress right now..my DH deployed on Monday to Iraq..and I have been very said about that..can someone give some advise please!!

TIA!

~andria~
Try drinking alot of water.  I had alot of cramps in the beggining too.  I'm sure stress has alot to do with it also.  good luck
Cramping is so scary in pregnancy.  I cramped with all of my pregnancies, I can tel you that when I was going to m/c, I had begun to bleed and felt a lot of pressure and crmping down.  It was a bit more intense than the other cramping which felt a lot like I was going to get my period.  I would relax, take some Tylenol and call the nurse back if it's been awhile.  I agree with the above poster, it can be normal in pregnancy.  I cramped most of my first trimester with all of mine and again really strongly in the third.  Your uterus is growing.  I personally would try the Dr. again before going to the ER for cramps, as the above poster said, they won't do much to make you feel better and really before 12 weeks most won't do much, maybe do an u/s, but at that point they won't do much else except refer you to your Dr.  It is important to go in though if you are concerned or bleeding, or in a lot of pain.  I hope you get your call back soon.  Good luck.
Thanks girls...well I called her again and this time was able to talk to her...she basically said to drink more water..take it easy. And to only come in if I start bleeding. She also said..if your goin got miscarry there is really nothing we can do about it...if its gonna happen its gonna happen. Geeze thats kinda harsh dont you think? She said you will beable to get pregnant again so dont worry about that...ugh she just made me more mad than helped.

Well I guess I am going to go lay down and relax...once again thanks girls!
I too have experienced alot of cramping on and off. I am 13 weeks and Last night throughout the night they were very severe. I went to an OB who specializes in high risk pregnancies and he did a thourough U/S. My baby is fine, the cervix is fine but the pain is there. He said there could be a fibroid hiding or brewing but the baby wasn't in danger. I know I have to believe all of my Dr's that I am doing ok. I too m/c 2 times last year and am older so I am always worried.

Every body is different so do try and relax. I am doing that as well right now. Good luck and let us know when they subside.
Cramping is always an issue on here... many times I've been the poster.  It seems that cramping is anormal part of pregnancy.  your uterus is growing so much!  But if you are cramping SEVERLY you should head on in to an ER.  Once, I did and they didnt' make me feel much better there... but I was really early on (five weeks).  At nine weeks they should be able to tell you that the heartbeat is ok. good luck to you and I think you are ok!