Maternal & Child Community
Cut on rusty nail
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cut on rusty nail

My son fell and cut his hand on a rusty nail from construction work we were doing and it looks deep.  I have it cleaned and he has had tetnus this year.  Do I need to seek medical attention for him?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
that is a tough call....is it deep, red, or warm to touch? if yes to any of these....go to the dr asap. if it is deep he might need stitches and that should be seen in the ER today. if it red and warm....it could be infected and you should call the on call pediatrician and ask what to do overnite and make an appt tomorrow morn. i hope this was helpful....good luck, i know i hate it when my son gets hurt.

love....kimmie
Blank
thanks very muc kimmie - i'll keep my eye on it!
Blank
my child got cut today by a rusty nail, but i don't remember if she had her tetnus.  What should i do?
Blank
my daughter was cut by a rusty nail on her chest it bled a little but it is not deep and she is only 5 years old. I don't  know if she has had a tetnus shot.  I cleaned it and gave her a bath and put neosporin on it and put a band aid over it.  Is that ok?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank