Maternal & Child Community
Dizziness at 32 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Dizziness at 32 weeks

Im 32 weeks and last night i had severe dizziness, like id been spinning around in circles. I ate dinner and went to bed, only to wake up with the same feeling. I had errands to run today but ended up staying in bed because of this feeling. The dizziness makes me feel really sleepy. If i wake up with it tomorrow ill call my midwife. Just wondering if anyone had a similar thing happen?  

ps i got all my blood work back the other day (gluclose test, iron levels, red blood cells) and was told everything was perfect and couldnt be better.
The first thing I thought was late stage diabetes...but you said all looked good.

I felt that way to towards the end...but only if I had been on my feet alot that day.  I had a very fast paced job...it was a desk job but one of those never at my desk.

Are you eating enough and drinking enough water?

You are almost there....I'm so excited for you....Do you know what you are having (I forget if you mentioned it before)
Hey! Yeah we're having a little boy. We were hoping for a boy aswell! he's our first.
So far my dizziness is starting to feel alittle better.. I think perhaps i may have not been drinking enough water.  I was very worried that i would have gestational diabetes but was givien the all clear..  Also the first thing i thought when i started getting really dizzy was pre-eclampsia, but my blood pressure has been spot on this whole pregnancy and my urine shows no traces of protein. Maybe im just thinking too much?!      When are you due?
I just found out I'm pregnant after 3 m/c last year.

I had a full term girl 2 1/2 yrs ago...no problems....this next baby will be due 10/21....GOD Willing.
Benign Positional Vertigo.  I have never had vertigo in my life and now postpartum 5 months, I am still dizzy.  I had it so bad I could not drive, read, go to school, etc.  It is bizarre that I never had it prior.  I was recommended to sleep with my head propped up on pillows and not look down if I had to bend down, etc.  You may want to go to a neurologist if this persists.  They have ways to treat it without medicine.  I am not sure if it worked for me or if it was just the passing of time that cured me.
Initially, last year when we first started ttc, I wanted a boy....yes...so much.

Now, I want another girl...Girls!!!!  I love the pink and girly things...plus I have everything for a girl (clothes/bedding/toys) and I get to buy her things I always wanted and never got...LOL

I have nothing for a boy nor do I know anyone who's had a boy for 'hand me downs'.

...but a boy would be amazing....I just don't care....a healthy baby will do.

It was hard last year but my faith in GOD pulled me through...I knew it was just a dark valley that I needed to walk through...and it led me here...which I'm eternally grateful.  Our bodies are not perfect...just had to keep trying.

So a boy huh?  I would have wanted a boy for my first too.  I had a big brother growing up and loved it...the caring and protection...it was awesome..but GOD blessed us with a girl and I'm so happy HE did.

Any names picked out?  That was a hardest decision...a boy name...we always agreed on the girl name.
i ended up in the ER @ 33 weeks for passing out, dizziness. take it seriously... most likely you're slightly dehydrated, anemic, or baby's messing with your circulation. if you feel dizzy LIE DOWN before you actually pass out and fall... lay on the left side, etc. if you're worried, let the docs do an EKG just to check for problems.
Im so sorry you had to go through all those m/c.. one's heartbreaking but 3 must have been devasting for you ! I cant imagine how much that would've hurt. Well the main thing is not to worry too much (i kno its hard) and just concentrate on relaxing and staying positive. Are you hoping for a boy this time round?
Baby names.. AAaarrghh. Dont get me started. Its the hardest decision ever! originally it was going to be Jai (pronounced jye) and the middle Timothy (after the daddy) but daddy didnt like jai enough (he realised this 7 months into the pregnancy!) so its now Shade Timothy. We both agree on this.. it was one from my list so im happy!.. its a little unusual and its funny to see how ppl react when we tell them. Some genuinly like it and others say 'oh thats different' (with a funny look on their face.) I think, as long as we like it thats all that matters. I wouldnt be suprised if we changed it again by the time he arrives!  
If it was going to be a girl we were going to call her Harley-Storm .. maybe next time..

Have you got any names yet? and what did you call your little girl?