Doctor says high HCG levels but probably gonna lose my baby? What does this mean?
Hi everyone,

I went to the doctor on the 16th of April because of some bleeding.  It only lasted the one day and there was no clots.  But the ultrasound said that the sac was pear shaped and it looks like it's collapsing. What does this mean?  Also they said that there was intra-uterine blood inside, Can they tell this by just a u/s?  The baby's heartbeat "was low" it was 113 bpm.  My HCG levels were 8,000 on the 16th, they said it should be around 1,500 and when I went back on the 18th they were up to 14,000. Is this normal?  What does all this mean?  I had a miscarriage before but I was 16 and they said it was a blighted ovum, so I didn't ask anymore questions.  Have 3 live beautiful children and didn't pay any attention to that stuff.  Please, if you know anything please respond.
113 bpm is low only after a certain point.  When the baby's heart starts up (at I think about 22 days? after implantation) it is not going to be much faster than that for at least a little while.  High hCG levels could indicate a molar pregnancy.  The sac not being round could indicate it is collapsing.  This all said, ladies have written into this site so often with stories that said all medical personnel had told them to expect a m/c and the next week everything was normal.  If it were me, I would look up molar pregnancy and irregular sac shape and consider these things in conjunction with the date of your pregnancy, so you are really informed, then call the doctor and have a talk about what it is they are thinking once you have this database of info in your head.  It will help you assess and retain the doctor's information better if you read up first on those things, especially, it will help you decide whether you agree with the doctor's opinion or you think he is just doing the standard thing without considering everything.  Good luck!