Maternal & Child Community
Dragged out Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Dragged out Miscarriage

So I m/c at 6.5 weeks.  I am so confused bc reading these blogs, so many women can give a specific 'date' of when it happened.  I started bleeding (spotting April 6th) and had u/s with blood work to follow.  Heavy bleeding started that Friday (April 8th) and m/c was confirmed through my HCG levels.  As I had started this process naturally, my Dr encouraged me to allow it to finish on its own.  I bled for 2 weeks straight like a heavy period with lot of clotting.  At the end of 2 weeks I repeated the pregnancy test and it still showed positive pregnancy.  I continued to bleed for a third week while my dr continued blood work.  They found that my HCG levels had started to double again!!!!  But it was to late, as enough 'damage' had been done. I received a shot of Methotrexate at that time and did not bleed for a week and then last week it started again.  Last blood test showed my levels have finally dropped to 30.  When will this end???  I feel like I can not heal bc it has been dragged on now for 6 weeks!!  Have any of you experienced anything like this?
Sorry to hear about you having to go through this. I have had two MC's- the first I needed a D&C and the second (this past January) I had a natural one. I started bleeding on a Wednesday (spotting) and by Saturday the blood turned into bright red. Sunday came and by the afternoon the sac came out. For 71 days after, I had spotting, tissue, and what I thought was a period, but wasn't really one. The main point is that it could take some time and by that I mean possibly 71 days, for a normal cycle to begin. I thought I was abnormal or that there was something wrong with me, but women are different and we all go through these kind of experiences differently.

Just know that you are not alone, and let your body work its way through this, try not to stress cause that only makes it worse. I know how badly you want this to be done, I felt the same way. My husband and I have been married for four years and together for ten, so I completely understand your wants for this to be finished- there is nothing more in my life that I want right now than to have a family. The great news is that I just finished my second post cycle and I am feeling awesome, everything is back to normal and soon I'll start the process again!

I wish you the best, if you have any questions at all feel free to msg me!