Maternal & Child Community
Early Fetal Heart Rate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Early Fetal Heart Rate?

On Tuesday, I had to go to the ER due to spotting, cramping, and some back aches.  They did an internal u/s and I was measuring at exactly 5 weeks 5 days (which is where I should have been).  Anyway, the heart rate was 106 and the ER doc said that was low and they usually like it in the 140s.  That seems high for being as early as I am.  Anyone else have experience with this and can help out?  Thanks!
From everything I have read the heart rate seems fine to me. It has just started beating and will speed up in the weeks to come. I would try not to worry too much as I think the normal heart for 6 weeks is 95-105.