Maternal & Child Community
Egg Donation- Embryo Transfer 10 days ago???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I underwent an embryo transfer from egg donation 10 days ago(4 embryos transferred).  My beta HCG level yesterday was only 5. I also took a home preg test yesterday that was +.  My Dr.'s office says there may still be a little hope for a viable pregnancy but not to get too hopeful.  I took another hpt this morning and it was a lot fainter than yesterdays- but still there.  Then I took another one this afternoon(because I'm neurotic, I guess!) and it was negative.  I don't know what to think- I have been all over the web looking for hope and info-- some sites say not to put stock in hcg levels.  Is it too soon after the transfer for the # to be higher than that or does this look like a biochimical pregnancy?  Please help!!
Hello this is for the lady who had the egg donation.  I have wanted to do that, but my husband is scared to do it.  It would cost around 2000 and no promises.  So I was wonder, have you did it before or is this your first.  Please let us know what you find out if you are pg.  I would love to hear from you.

wendy
I really have no clue, but I hope that you are pregnant.  Trying so hard for a baby must be hard.  Also if your hormones are not to high yet and you took a test in the afternoon that might be why the test came out negative.  They say the best time to test is first thing in the morning when your hormone levels are the highest.
Lots of babydust!!!
Thank you for you warm wishes!
Wendy-

THis was our first attempt with egg donation.  My husband was more receptive to the idea at first than I was, actually!  It's a big decision, but if it works, it would all be worth it.

Unfortunately, today I receive confirmation that I do not have a viable pregnancy.  We grieved all weekend because we pretty much knew the outcome- all my home preg tests showed up lighter and lighter.  I can't really believe it, you know.  They put in 4 embryos- I can't believe even one of them didn't make it.  I told myself all along that it wasn't going to work (thinking that if I prepared myself for the worst, that it wouldn't hurt- (boy that didn't work)- but deep down I never really doubted that it would work- I was just concerned about how many babies I would have.  The people at my dr's office didn't even speak to me this morning when I went in for my blood draw.  I had to ask to see the IVF nurse!!  Of course, they do this everyday- I guess it meant more to me than them!!  They said the dr would be willing to speak with me about what we could do differently next time and I told her there would not be a next time- of course I am just hurt and angry- my husband and I said maybe we could talk about it when our hearts have healed some.  Maybe we will adopt- I don't know right now- I can only think about the fact that it failed.  The dr's office, of course, like us can't say why it failed- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

But I guess you didn't ask me all that, did you!??  We got to pick our donor and see her picture which made us feel better about the process- another place we checked picks your donor for you- scary!!!There are a lot of dr's visits and injections involved and that takes a certain mind set to get into- but once you remind yourself what cause it is for, it becomes a routine.  My husband and I have medical background so we weren't scared about giving me the shots- that will be a mind set also- but nothing you can't make up your mind to do.

I know you guys have reservations about it- so did we- spiritual concerns, family concerns- etc.  Just be sure that you guys talk about it  A LOT before you get into it- it's an emotional roller coaster and being jacked up on hormones intensifies everything(especially for you.  

I wish you success no matter what avenue you decide to take!  I know how anxious you must feel and if there is anything else you want to know about the process just let me know.Sorry I unloaded on you but that's the first time I let it out really- thank you!!!

Pam