Maternal & Child Community
Extremely watery CM @ 34 weeks (no smell)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning ladies!!  Hope everyone is doing well!  I am for the most part, but I woke up this morning with a backache!  it's calming down some now.  Anyway my real question is, I had some watery CM a minute ago...it was enough that went through and now my pants are wet too.  There is no smell so I know its not urine.  Could it just be some regular discharge or should I call the dr and ask them?  What would ya'll do?  I had this a few times last week too.  Dont think it would be my water leaking cause that would happen more frequently then right??  Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Tags: maternal
I think if you are havinging this fequently you should call you Dr.  You can leak fluid and the bag can reseal itself so becareful!!!  I hope that this is not the case but better safe than sorry.  With my 1st my water broke in the office and it was a very small amount.  She told me to go to the hosp.  which I went home first then went (I don't know why)  and I did not leak any more fluid at all.  When I got there they had to finish breaking my bag!!!  Good Luck!!!
I didnt know it could reseal itself.  How does that happen?  Yea I have it off and on.  Not like every other day or anything but I had it a few times last week and then today.  What was concerning me was it went through to my pants!
I would call and see what they said.  I work with a girl that was preggo and she had kind of the same thing she all of a sudden got really wet and looked and it was clear but it went through her underware and pants and then stoped.  She went to the dr. and they put her in the hospital and she had the baby the next day.  Let us know what happens.
It's probably your water breaking.  It doesn't always happen like it does in the movies where there is a gush of fluid that spills onto the floor.  It mostly comes out in small doses making you question what it is.
I would call your dr.
Good luck to you!
My water broke with my 1st one at 38 weeks.  And it was a GUSH!  Craziest thing I have ever experienced!  I am only 34 weeks I hope its not my water breaking!  

Wouldnt some come out everyday then??
I would call your Dr. I have heard from many people that they leaked amniotic fluid periodically without realizing what it was.
Both of mine were a GUSH.   It's a really quick and simple check that they do.
Whenver there is doubt, go to the doctor.  It will only take a minute to check out.  I had to do this with DS.  It turned out to be only discharge and yes, it can soak your pants sometimes, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck!
Wow, I knew it could happen in a gush but I didn't think it happened like that often.  Almost everyone I've ever known had it just leak out.  Mr Dr. even told me not to expect that gush.  I think I would rather have that gush than have to wonder what the leaking is all about.  They had to break mine.
A friend of mine just gave birth yesterday and her water broke but she thought it was her usual urine leakage so she never said anything to the dr.
I had a couple of drops literally and nothing the rest of the day, and I called my dr thinking I was imagining things and probably sounded stupid.  But they insisted I come in and just have it tested and it WAS MY WATER LEAKING very very slowly.  I would definitely go and have every watery cm checked even if you think your being dumb, bc it could be and you want the baby out sooner the better after amniotic sac has hole or ruptured.

God Bless you and let us know!
Oh yea it woke me up at 4:50AM, I just knew something wasnt right so I got up and as soon as I did that.....BOOM!  It was running out like Niagra Falls!  LOL!  So I ran to the bathroom screaming to my DH I think my water just broke.  Kinda dumb to say I think but hey I was still sleeping!  It was crazy.  I kinda wish it would happen again this time.  I am just sooo ready to get this baby out.  I would do about anything in a couple weeks to have him.  I know its too early now but I can wish huh?
I mentioned the watery stuff to my dr before and they didnt seem very concerened about it.  I dont know, the more it happens the more I wonder!
I'm glad someone posted this question b/c the same thing has been happening to me!  I'm 37.5 weeks now but for the past couple weeks I've been experiencing some watery discharge that will wet my underwear.  Never had it soak through to my pants though.  But it comes and goes, never constant.  I really didn't think it to be my water breaking.  I think I'm gonna ask my doctor at my appt. on Thursday to check.
All they do is touch your vagina with some paper and if it turns a certain color its amniotic fluid.  Its worth a trip to the dr and if they tell you its nothing I would insist on coming in and gettin this 2 minute test done.  If its not you can rest easy, but if it is...
sheddy:  I go to the dr on thursday too!  Small world.  I wish I was as far along as you are tho!  If I get it again today I will call and ask them.

jennifer:  Yea I had this done when I was preggo with my 1st.  It was just discharge no biggie.  To me, I dont think it would be my water!
34 weeks, it's almost over.  It can seem like a lifetime, I know.  I remember BEGGING my dr to admit me when I was 32 weeks and we were passed the danger stage.  Of course, I went to 39 weeks......
Good luck to you for an easy, quick and safe delivery!!!
i'd probably have them swab you and check to make sure its not amniotic fluid. not the most pleasant exam but better to be safe.
Yes these last few weeks can seem like an eternity.  I dont rem. feeling THIS READY with my 1st one.  I have 5 weeks left AT THE MOST.  We are scheduling a c-section for March 6th.  I am hoping to go into labor ATLEAST a week before that!  But I guess we will have to wait and see.  Thanks and good luck to you!!  

Baby Dust to all!!
You really should call your Dr and get checked.  Even with a small leak you can get an infection.
I've been having the same problem myself!! Over the weekend, I had to keep changing my lightdays. You could see a water stain on them, and they were wet. There was no smell or color to them (whereas my pees always a bit yellow). Last night at work I started having really watery discharge I could feel running out of me. It lasted through the night. ON the way home from work, my upper thighs started hurting w/cramps. At work I had a little backache. All the pains pretty much subsided now, but it really hurt last night. I'm still having the watery discharge though. I usually have ZERO while preggo...I'm one of the weird ones who are excessively dry. I was thinking of callling the ob as well, but I don't want to seem silly if it's not my h20, so I'll wait and see. I'm also looking for any sign of blood in the discharge, then I'll be worried. As long as your waters don't break completely, I don't think there's much to worry about, but then again I could be wrong.

With my 1st DC, I had a leak which it felt like I kept peeing myself, so I'm waiting for that feeling.

Keep us updated!!
So if it IS your water leaking then it keeps happening?  Like really often or what?  My underwear and pants are still wet from this (and this was this morning).  Not sure what to think. I hate to call the dr and sound silly.  I feel like I am pestering them when I call too much.  Since lunch I have been having some pain (sharp) in my cervix when I walk.  I have had this off and on throughout this pregnancy.  He is moving around lots.  It seems to hurt everytime he moves, I dont know what he is doing.  Its almost like a scratching feeling.  WEIRD!  Yea I woke up this morning and my back was hurting BAD and all day yesterday.  Im just at a loss I guess.
back hurting?  sharp cervical pain?  lots of "discharge"?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm......  I don't think you should feel foolish at all about being checked today.  Seriously!
A tear in the sac can cause a slow leak, not just a gush.  Bacteria can enter into the sac through the tear and cause an infection.  I'm not trying to scare anyone, I just think it is important to get medical attention soon to rule out a tear.