Maternal & Child Community
Faint Pink Line?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Faint Pink Line?

Anyone ever had a faint pink line on a pregnancy test and not been pregnant?

I ovulated on 08/11 had cramping from the 18th through the 19th. Period due to start tomorrow. Today I have a faint pink line in the test area of the pregnancy test. I mean really faint- faint enough I had to make my hubby look at it to make sure I wasn't imagining it. :o)

Anyone experienced this and not been pregnant? I'm so impatient.
I had one of those last month. I was so excited.. after my husband confirmed he seen it too.. that I hurried down to local Pregnancy clinic to have a test only for their test to say it was NEGative. :(
When I called the phone number on the pregnancy test kit box the woman ont he other end said there is no such thing as afaint positive either you are or your not. as well as many of the people in this group. You might wanna try to do another home pregnancy test with the first mornings urine. to get a stronger responce. I wish you the best of luck. RUbbie
With 2 of my pregnancies the first HPT's that I took had a very faint positive line.  (I tested again a few days later to make sure).  But I seem to recall that the instructions for the brand that I was using said that a faint positive was still a positive.  I don't remember what brand it was, maybe Clearblue.  I'd probably wait awhile and test again, though, if I were you.  Just my 2 cents :)
thanks guys. i'm not too hopeful- i think if i was pregnant their would be a darker line at this point. thanks for the opinions :o)
I would either get another HPT or go into the doctor and get a blood test. It is possible if the test was read after the suggested time that an "evaporation" line may have appeared.

If you are indeed pg, the line will appear within a few minutes, tests should never be read after ten minutes or whatever is listed on the box :)

Good Luck!1

Andrea
Was the faint pink line the second line? i mean NOT the control line, but the other one was a faint pink line? I mean, there's either HCG in your urine or there's not.  If you're getting two lines even if one is very faint i'd be pretty sure you're pregnant.  If it's AFTER 10 minutes or the "reading time" on the test then it would be an evaporation line..but i don't see how you can get a faint line if you don't have HCG in your urine.  I would get a blood test.  I had faint pink lines on ALL my pregnancies..and tested a couple days later and they were darker. =)
If u ovulated on the 11th of this month and u are pregnant the line will be a little faint.  The line's darkness depends on the levels of hcg in the body.  So if u about 2 weeks pregnant than it won't be dark at all. try again in about a week or so. Good luck.
I know  that with my ex, we tried to get pregnant for 5 years. I did on one occasion trick myselfinto believeing I saw a positive line on a test. If you look hard enough you will see the faintest line, but it is really just the test strips chemical or something. I think I was just so desperate for a baby I madeit up in my head. Of course I wasnt pregnant, LaterI found out my ex knew he couldnt have children, but he led me to believe he could.
the same thing happened with me with this pg.  I did hpt day af due clear blue faint pos line had my gf confirm but it disaooeared after 10 mins did another test that evening same result.  Did another 2 tests next day faint also but slightly stronger.  The next day did first tesponse and that came as definite pos.  So i think a positive line no matter how faint as long as it is seen ithin 10 mins of performing test it is right.
Good luck and let us know
if you see any type of 2 lines you are pregnant all my tests had a faint second line, to make sure i have a girlfriend who wasnt ppreg take a test to see the difference between no line and a faint one, you are pregnant, my doctor said that there is no way to have a false positive only a false negative and if and line comes up it is because you have the preg hormone
hi most likely you are pregnant so i would go and get blood test done also please give me advice on mine look for crystalzz
thanks bye
I had the same thing when I was pregnant.  I took the test and nothing.  20 min later a faint pink line.  So being obsessive I began taking a test  every day until I finally got one that was nice and pink.  

I know all the instructions talk about the evaporative line but I've never seen one.  And believe me, I've taken PLENTY of tests.  Never had one turn any color at all until this time.

If you got a positive I would call the Dr.  If you are getting positive on home test the blood test would confirm and give you HCG counts.  Good luck!!
don't count out the faint line yet.  I've been preg 4 times, now in my 4th.  i have only 1 child.  for the first one, i had no positive tests, right up until the week i found out i was pregnant in an ultrasound.  None of they came back positive.  
My second preg. I did 5, 2 ClearBlue, 1 fact plus, and 2 first response, all with a faint positive result, but hospital test came back neg.  My hormone levels were up but not to what they would call pregnant.  The 3rd preg. I did 2 tests, both again with a positive, but i lost that one before i could do a hospital test. I don't know if it was a coincidence but i find that when i have very faint lines, i've lost them.  I had problems with my first preg all the way through.  With this one, there's no doubt, very bright response and a positive from the hospital.
my moral is, don't count out a faint positive, or 2, or 3...till you get the dreaded period
Stacey,

Please keep us updated.  I am curious to know if the faint line was in fact a positive. I took a pregnancy test on Friday night and since it did not come out positive immediately I trashed it.  A few minutes later just about ten minutes I came back and it was positive.  Not a ghost line.  It was actually a pink line.  Not as dark as the other line but it was pink enough.  On Saturday Morning I took another test and the same thing a light pink line but this time I watched it and it was about seven minutes later.  Strange.  Then I bought Clearblue later on that day and took the test and it had no line.  So I am confused.  I am now three days late.  Mind you that I had a miscarriage at ten weeks two months ago on June 18, then I had a normal period on July 22.  On August 16 I had some spot bleeding twice when I went to the bathroom and I thought it was implantation bleeding but some other females have had ovulation bleeding so that is most likely what happened.  So if I ovulated on the 16 of August I should get my period on the 30 of August and nothing.  I am so confused because my breast are not as sore as when I was first pregnant.  But I know its not my imagination that they are tingly and growing in size, slowly but surely.  So any input would be helpful.  I will wait one more week to retest and see what happens.  I am so anxious that the wait and uncertainty is driving me insane. :)
Yesterday I took an early pregnancy test. I had a very faint positive line. I took a second one this morning and it was negative. I went in to my doctor's office and took another urine pregnancy test this morning and it was also negative. I'm not expecting AF until Sunday 9-14-03. I want to know if it is still possible that I am pregnant. Has this ever happened to anyone elae?
so i am 6 days late and i did not get a positive urne preg till day 5 the rest were neg till then, but on day 5 and 6 the line is very faint. but there. i go to the dr friday, mabe i can get them to do a blood test, i it must be faint if you are realy early..i have other symptoms like sore breast and nausea...good luck girls!!
Just looking for abit of help i did a home preg test it was a faint pink line so i went to docs and had a urine test done which was negative i have recently had one night of heavy bleeding any ideas thanks
This is why we should just use the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant.. I had a faint line myself this morning.. Killing me to know! So my mother told me just to go to the doctor before I cause myself a heart attack..