Aa
A
A
Close
Fetal Heartbeat Determines Gender?
Hi.  My daughter's fetal heartbeat has always been between 145 to 170bpm.  Now I'm carrying my second and hope it to be the opposite gender, but the heartbeat has been consistently between 150~160bpm as well.  I'm 14 weeks now.  Does anyone know if how fast the fetal heartbeat is determines the gender?  Is there any scientific prove that boy's are slower than girls?  (boy under 140; girls over 140).  I can't wait to find out.
Cancel
9 Answers
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
im having a boy. and his heartrate was high like close to 170 for the longest time. now its been around 130-150 for months. they say fetal heartbeat doesnt not determine gender. it depends on what you have to eat and drink and stuff. certian things will raise or lower your own heartbeat causing theirs to change
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Im having a girl,(from scan) and her heart rate was 151, 157 and 142 bpm

My first baby was a boy and when l was in labour his heart rate was 170/ 200bpm which is really high. he had a heart murma and a hole in the heart so maybe that's why he's heart rate was high... my second was 140.144, 156 he was a boy
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
There is no correlation between fetal heart rate and gender.

When do you have your US done?  That should tell you pretty soon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I will have u/s in 4 weeks.  After digging up more research, I guess you girls are right.  Somehow I don't understand why so many mom swears that they have low for boys and high for girls.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
This is my first Pregnancy, I am 16 weeks today! I have my first US on the 18th of this month! I hurd the heartbeat about a month ago and it was 158. I hurd it again for the 2nd time and it was 144...
I want a little girl so terribly bad but as long as the baby is healthy thats all that matters! Does or doesnt the heartbeat determin the gender of the baby?!?!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
15480 tn?1302533402
I have a girl and her heartbeat was usually around 135-140. So it didn't hold out to be true for me.
Comment
Cancel
15480 tn?1302533402
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
169379 tn?1207684965
I agree with everyone that the fetal heartrate is thought to be an old wives tale, but my midwife SWORE by it, and she was NEVER wrong! She correctly guessed that my baby sounded like a boy. His heartrate was always around 140-143. Take care. x
Comment
Cancel
169379 tn?1207684965
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
172826 tn?1423426556
i had a boy n it was always 160's in the beginning n last months were 150's so really the bel;ow 140 wasnt true...
Comment
Cancel
172826 tn?1423426556
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
while carrying my twins, my ob would tell me i would give birth to a boy and a girl. i was really convinced that i was carrying two boys. he told me the heartbeats indicated otherwise, a quick little girl and a more sedate little boy. he was right. (although at 8 lb 13 oz, my boy didn't really qualify as "little". his sister was 6 lbs even)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources