Maternal & Child Community
Foul vagina smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Foul vagina smell

hi, this is kind of embarrassing for me but i am currently 35 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks i have had this foul onion-like smell coming from my vagina.   no matter how thoroughly i clean it doesnt go away. i asked my ob about it and she did some tests, but didnt say anythign about them. i didnt know whether or not the tests take a while or if that just meant they were normal. but it seems it is getting more and more evident and i'm embarrassed to be near my boyfriend naked. please help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't know for sure what this is.  I guess they would have told you if you had a UTI or something.  I'd keep a eye on it and try not to worry to much about it.  I guess you could try to drink more fluids and see if that might help.  How long has this been going on??  If its been over a week I might call them back on it.  Maybe try one of those feminine deoderant sprays, I think they also have some special wipes you can toss in your purse as well.  Freshen up a bit so you don't feel embaressed.  I'm sorry your having this problem its frustrating.  I hope all goes well and let us know when your new baby get here!  Take care
Blank
This happens to me as well. Most of my pregnancy I am 'a bit stinky down there'...It's gross!!!!
I had this with my last pregnancy as well.
My doc says that it's normal for this to happen....

I just try to keep clean and use baby wipes at times to freshen up.

(i'm 31 wks)

You're almost there! Home stretch....................
Blank
thank you! its good to know i'm not the only one.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...