Growth Spurts
Just wondering if anyone new of a good way to help my son when he is going through growth spurts..He is five now and when this happens his legs ache very badly all the way down to his toes.  I rub his legs, get him to take tylenol--but it does not help with the pain.
Hi. I've gone through this with BOTH of my children. I found that making them drink more water during the day helps alot. Also, when I figured out what was going on, I started giving them some Motrin with dinner (BEFORE bedtime), just on the nights I knew this was happening, and it helped tremendously because the medication had time to work BEFORE the pain woke them up at night. I'm not a big "medicator" either, but hey this was painful for them, so it was worth doing temporarily. Just make sure to give the Advil/Motrin in the proper dosage, and WITH food. Good Luck, poor little guy! =(