Maternal & Child Community
HCG affected by hypothyroidism?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HCG affected by hypothyroidism?

Does anyone know if hypothyroidism can affect the hcg level. I am on day 30 and nothing, but the pregnancy test I tok said negative. I just had my thyroid checked last week and it very low. Just wondering...
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't think it will affect your level, but it certainly can affect fertility.

http://health.ivillage.com/diabetesthy/thyroid/0,,q9,00.html?iv_arrivalSA=1&iv_cobrandRef=0&iv_arrival_freq=1&pba=adid=16447094
Blank
I have an underactive thyroid, and I am on medication for it
But never once did I even check my hcg levels.
I have 3 healthy kids  even got pregnant with dh having a vasectomy
Blank
Hi...
I have had hypothyroidism for 7 years (since my late 20s).  As my thyroid function decreased, so did the predictability of my cycles.  Once I finally had the proper dose of synthroid, everything settled down into a very standard 28 day cycle.  In my experience, my TSH and free T4 levels definitely effected my cycles.  When my levels were off, my cycles could go as long as 34 or 36 days.  

Are you on thyroid replacement?  I would look for a great endocrinologis in your area to help you.  I know it made all the difference for me.

I assume you are wondering if hypothyroidism can effect when/if you would have a positive pregnancy test.  I don't have any knowledge of hypothyroidism delaying the development of hcG. But, since it can mess up your cycle, I would think that it could effect when you ovulate and perhaps your concentrations of hcG wouldn't be high enough to trigger a positive on a home pregnancy test until a few days later than you would have expected.

Hope that helps a little.
Blank
There is some great info about Virgin Coconut oil (only virgin kind) regulating the thyroid.  I have always had a low thyroid.  I started the coconut oil to see if it would help.  I ended up conceiving shortly after using it.  I don't know if this is what contributed, but it is worth a try for you.  It beats trying the synthetic kind first.  It is natural and you have nothing to lose.  Go to this web-site.  I have a link there for the coconut oil in the Reading Room under Other Pregnancy Info.  I don't have the link here and will lose this post.  I wish you well with this.

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
Blank
Hi, I'm 21 years old, and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about a year ago.  I had my period every month but never on the exact same day every month. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the past week, and had a urine sample taken at the hospital all coming back negative, BUT... I haven't had my period now in 4 months, my stomach is bloated and hard, I've experience nasusea through out the day, belching with occasional bile, my breasts are tender and swollen, and i'm eating like a cow! Would a blood test prove any different? Oh and I have vitaligo, and an auto immune disease if that effects anything... Never been preggers before don't know what to look for really. Any help?!
Blank
787258_tn?1280091545
it dosnt affect ur hcg levels im 22 yr old lost 2 babys and im hypo thyriod it was said tht this caused my loses this time wif careful monitering im ok so no it dosnt if u dont take ur meds right tht can affect ur fertility x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank